View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 11:01 AM
sleepinsol
starting over

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01LatinVizionGSR
Who ever said a b16 with a gsr head is the samething as if it had the b16 head is crazy. The gsr head has a way bigger combustion chamber than the b16 the intake ports on the head are at a diffrent angle than the b16 the gsr head is twice better flowing than any bseries head. Plus with the gsr head you will automatically raise the compression depending on the bottem end if you have the newer jdm b16 motor with the p30 pistons and the right head gasket (by the way both heads use the same headgasket) compression will almost be close to 12.2.1
wow i cant begin to tell you how much of this is wrong. the gsr head has SMALLER combustion chambers, which is why there is an instant rise in compression when u use it over a b16 head. and while the b16 ports are at a different angle, the gsr head DOES NOT flow any better than all b series heads out there. in fact both a b16 and a gsr head flow about the same, with each having an advantage at a different point of lift. the TYPE R head is the head that out flows all other b series heads bc its factory ported/polised. and on another note....to get 12.2:1 compression u need to run a head gasket thinner than a piece of paper if ur using p30 pistons.

i really hope this clears some things up. dunno where all that info came from but i did tons of research b4 i did my ls vtec conversion about which head to get. but on a side not a gsr head on a b16 cant hurt. the extra compression is always a plus.

RIP PABLO AKA FATHEAD.....YOU WILL BE MISSED!