View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Mafiakiller
Ballin Beretta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aoshi
lol, this isn't a job interview, they can ask you anything. You can refuse to give them everything, even your name, and then they'll refuse to give you a car.

For example, when i was selling toyotas a older couple came in and wanted to testdrive a highlander, I said fantastic, I'll need a copy of both of your drivers licenses and too make sure your insurance is fine. And they looked at ME like I was stupid, and said they'd been driving cars all day without salespeople with them, and hadn't given out anything besides their first names. And I just laughed and said, Well your not getting in my cars without me, if i dont know how to bill your for it when you flip it and walk off. Needless to say I just walked off laughing because they were idiots and saying they felt weird giving out this much info for buying a car...

Anywho, thats an example of what happens if you walk in like a jackass. The ONLY thing you want to make sure of, is that they DO NOT pull your credit without a credit app, and a lot of places still do. So if your planning to go to like 10 places that day to look at cars, don't fill out a app until you are sure your going to buy a specific car. Because what happens is theyll all pull your shit and then theyll see that you've been to 10 places, and theyll think you've been non-approved, then your rate that your going to get gets lower. And your credit score can actually go down too.

So yeah, only pull credit apps once or twice, in fact youcould pull it yourself, then go in with
your score in hand.

quick edit: also, give fake phone numbers, because youll be getting 10 phone calls every hour from the places you didnt buy from. We said "buy or die" for a reason.
thanks.....good info...repped