General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

New Car Buying Questions

Old 04-09-2008, 08:38 PM
El Puto ©

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Car Buying Questions

I'm curious

What questions are dealerships not allowed to ask you when you are buying a car? I want to know what personal information can I refuse to give them, or what is illegal for them to obtain.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:48 PM
///

If you have fucked their wife for cheap.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:34 AM
El Puto ©

^Lulz
Old 04-10-2008, 07:38 AM
infraction king

nothing really. you fill out an application with the questions on it and they pull your credit.

98 E36 ///M3 Sedan
07 Civic Si Sedan
Old 04-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Banned

your cup size?
dont give them any info or someone else is then just test drive the car and never come back.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Puto
I'm curious

What questions are dealerships not allowed to ask you when you are buying a car? I want to know what personal information can I refuse to give them, or what is illegal for them to obtain.
lol, this isn't a job interview, they can ask you anything. You can refuse to give them everything, even your name, and then they'll refuse to give you a car.

For example, when i was selling toyotas a older couple came in and wanted to testdrive a highlander, I said fantastic, I'll need a copy of both of your drivers licenses and too make sure your insurance is fine. And they looked at ME like I was stupid, and said they'd been driving cars all day without salespeople with them, and hadn't given out anything besides their first names. And I just laughed and said, Well your not getting in my cars without me, if i dont know how to bill your for it when you flip it and walk off. Needless to say I just walked off laughing because they were idiots and saying they felt weird giving out this much info for buying a car...

Anywho, thats an example of what happens if you walk in like a jackass. The ONLY thing you want to make sure of, is that they DO NOT pull your credit without a credit app, and a lot of places still do. So if your planning to go to like 10 places that day to look at cars, don't fill out a app until you are sure your going to buy a specific car. Because what happens is theyll all pull your shit and then theyll see that you've been to 10 places, and theyll think you've been non-approved, then your rate that your going to get gets lower. And your credit score can actually go down too.

So yeah, only pull credit apps once or twice, in fact youcould pull it yourself, then go in with
your score in hand.

quick edit: also, give fake phone numbers, because youll be getting 10 phone calls every hour from the places you didnt buy from. We said "buy or die" for a reason.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Ballin Beretta

Originally Posted by Aoshi
lol, this isn't a job interview, they can ask you anything. You can refuse to give them everything, even your name, and then they'll refuse to give you a car.

For example, when i was selling toyotas a older couple came in and wanted to testdrive a highlander, I said fantastic, I'll need a copy of both of your drivers licenses and too make sure your insurance is fine. And they looked at ME like I was stupid, and said they'd been driving cars all day without salespeople with them, and hadn't given out anything besides their first names. And I just laughed and said, Well your not getting in my cars without me, if i dont know how to bill your for it when you flip it and walk off. Needless to say I just walked off laughing because they were idiots and saying they felt weird giving out this much info for buying a car...

Anywho, thats an example of what happens if you walk in like a jackass. The ONLY thing you want to make sure of, is that they DO NOT pull your credit without a credit app, and a lot of places still do. So if your planning to go to like 10 places that day to look at cars, don't fill out a app until you are sure your going to buy a specific car. Because what happens is theyll all pull your shit and then theyll see that you've been to 10 places, and theyll think you've been non-approved, then your rate that your going to get gets lower. And your credit score can actually go down too.

So yeah, only pull credit apps once or twice, in fact youcould pull it yourself, then go in with
your score in hand.

quick edit: also, give fake phone numbers, because youll be getting 10 phone calls every hour from the places you didnt buy from. We said "buy or die" for a reason.
thanks.....good info...repped