Old 04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
racer_x
vroom psshh.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swifster
If this is a competition car, and you are hunting for sponsors, limit your logo space to the windshield. As for TRA.com, it depends on how much money they gave you. If it's under $500, I'd make a decal in whatever font they wanted and run it on the rear bumper. As for the rest of the brands, if you received no compensation, they should receive no promotion. Ad space is for generating revenue.

In 10 years of running in SCCA, I never put a decal on the car that didn't generate money. If parts were given to you, that is revenue. If cash was received, that's revenue. If you received nothing, screw them. Example, quarter panel should be $3K and the hood another $1K more. This will depend on if you'll be someplace where a companies target marget will be and how well you'll be able to promote the product or service.

My race car the first year in '96. The primary sponsor paid me $2000 back in the day. RJS gave me free seat belts. BFG had a points program the was used to get discount tires. See any other decals (other than sanction decals from SCCA and Waterford Hills)?
You can definitely go this route; I built the logo set according to what I believed mike and them were looking for: cars that look like rally cars, in order to attract more attention (in a professional way) for their team.