General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Looking for your sticker/vinyl ideas for our team car.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:34 PM
PWN5 J00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for your sticker/vinyl ideas for our team car.

* Sorry if this belongs in Photo/Graphics, I just figure more people will see it here.

Our race team has a 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS and we will be attending our first event so I want to do some new graphics.

Here is the car:

Here is our current team logo:

(Designed by fellow TR member Sluggo)

Here is our sponsor (Must be on the car):

TruRamAir.com (They dont have an official logo, we need to at least include their website anwhere on the car. Size doesnt matter).

Some of the brands on the car:

K-Sport
Fadenza
STi (dont want a huge push for this, because the car is not an STi)
GAB Suspension
Prodrive
TruRamAir.com
Royal Purple
K&N

-------------

Here is where I would like some ideas. I would like the main focus to be on our team name (awd-turbo.com). After that I dont care. We make our own graphics so nothing would be a problem and we have tons of colors to pick from. So if anyone would like to throw out any design ideas that would be awesome.

I designed and created this for my STi when we ran our last event. It was borrowing a lot from the WRC car so it was easy. Due to the RS being Red and also not wanting to be WRX imitation I just cant seem to come up with any good designs.

- Mike
Old 04-03-2008, 02:41 PM
vroom psshh.

silver and /or graphite gray FTW...
Old 04-03-2008, 04:13 PM
vroom psshh.

here's what I'm thinking so far....
Old 04-03-2008, 04:14 PM
vroom psshh.

how the hell do I attach full-sized images?
Old 04-03-2008, 05:02 PM
WHO? ME?

If this is a competition car, and you are hunting for sponsors, limit your logo space to the windshield. As for TRA.com, it depends on how much money they gave you. If it's under $500, I'd make a decal in whatever font they wanted and run it on the rear bumper. As for the rest of the brands, if you received no compensation, they should receive no promotion. Ad space is for generating revenue.

In 10 years of running in SCCA, I never put a decal on the car that didn't generate money. If parts were given to you, that is revenue. If cash was received, that's revenue. If you received nothing, screw them. Example, quarter panel should be $3K and the hood another $1K more. This will depend on if you'll be someplace where a companies target marget will be and how well you'll be able to promote the product or service.

My race car the first year in '96. The primary sponsor paid me $2000 back in the day. RJS gave me free seat belts. BFG had a points program the was used to get discount tires. See any other decals (other than sanction decals from SCCA and Waterford Hills)?

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 V8 4-BBl, T-10 4-speed, 3.73 Twin Traction Rear End, Front Disc Brakes, Dual Exhaust, Front Bucket Seats and Console

Cost to Date: $2125.60
Old 04-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Hates cars...

Originally Posted by Swifster
If this is a competition car, and you are hunting for sponsors, limit your logo space to the windshield. As for TRA.com, it depends on how much money they gave you. If it's under $500, I'd make a decal in whatever font they wanted and run it on the rear bumper. As for the rest of the brands, if you received no compensation, they should receive no promotion. Ad space is for generating revenue.

In 10 years of running in SCCA, I never put a decal on the car that didn't generate money. If parts were given to you, that is revenue. If cash was received, that's revenue. If you received nothing, screw them. Example, quarter panel should be $3K and the hood another $1K more. This will depend on if you'll be someplace where a companies target marget will be and how well you'll be able to promote the product or service.

My race car the first year in '96. The primary sponsor paid me $2000 back in the day. RJS gave me free seat belts. BFG had a points program the was used to get discount tires. See any other decals (other than sanction decals from SCCA and Waterford Hills)?
very good idea!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
vroom psshh.

Originally Posted by Swifster

You can definitely go this route; I built the logo set according to what I believed mike and them were looking for: cars that look like rally cars, in order to attract more attention (in a professional way) for their team.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:21 PM
vroom psshh.

this was the idea for the rear...
Old 04-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Hates cars...

Originally Posted by racer_x
this was the idea for the rear...
You just used all of the same decals... He doesnt even have MOMO as a product used on this car...
Old 04-03-2008, 05:47 PM
yeah, I drive a miata

I think your idea looks fine, although im not much of a help. the only stickers im going to be running are toyo so i dont have to design anything lol