View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Swifster
WHO? ME?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corey r.
I look out for no one but myself. That guy at the local shop doesnt care if I lose my job, why should I care about his?
The pricing at many local places are cheaper. And when they are gone, the big places have no incentive to keep prices down. It also keeps competition in play (keeping prices down). Service is usually better locally and if the place is any good (regardless of the business), they'll usually keep an eye out for you or things you like.

I'd rather see my money stay in the Tampa/Lakeland area than in Georgia. In the big picture it helps the local economy. The same principle applies when you buy a new Jap POS vs an American car like your Camaro. I'd rather see the money I spent stay in the US/Canada than going to Asia. We are going from a manufacturing nation to a service nation. When we invent things like the TV, the computer, steel, etc., and we give up making them (and the jobs that go with them), we get cheap crap from Japan, Korea and China. Where do you prefer to have your tools made?

I didn't mean to make this a big economic debate.

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 V8 4-BBl, T-10 4-speed, 3.73 Twin Traction Rear End, Front Disc Brakes, Dual Exhaust, Front Bucket Seats and Console

Cost to Date: $2125.60