View Single Post
Old 05-26-2003, 06:15 PM
FlatFour
Cock Model

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX tranny issues

Who's had tranny problems on the board? I've been reading alot about the weak tranny and wondering if i should consider a gear set before doing any mods at all. Seems like there's been lots of cases with 2nd gear going even without any mods at all. Kinda scary.
I know how Kyle and the guys at Mastro have been mentioned on numerous occasions as being really straight up with issues like this, associating if the mods really caused the problem or not, but i'm just wondering if this is a normally reoccuring case. Are there people on the board who wish they would have taken that road first, or is it just common knowledge as to how bad the drivetrain setup is for this car and it is normally covered by warranty? I've heard subaru is even getting rid of the 5-speed soon due to all the lawsuits forming and shit.
My car currently has had no tranny problems to date. I don't drive it like i stole it, but it is a sports car and i am boostin just like everybody else. This summer i was going to go with a turboback exhaust, up-pipe, ic hoses, and ecutek.
Write back with your opinions and wisdom.

Billy,
Thanks for puttin up with all my questions the other night as i was droolin on your ride. haha. I was the subie guy that showed up at Bennigans with Dave. Take care of that beast.
-Mike

02 WRX
K&N, ic hoses, up-pipe & turboback