Old 04-21-2007, 05:05 PM
treekiller
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Twanksta
Yeah, I read his posts and literally have no F'n clue of what he is talking about! I see curvy road and rally and thats all I really know.
sorry

Tulip instructions it's the most common form of TSD instruction. they are super simple you start at the tulip "ball" and leave at the arrow. this is a left at a crossroads

All major turns and changes to the road you are traveling on are accompanied by a tulip usually with some form of identification so you can make sure to stay on course.

This is an easy form of pro rally route instructions. those actually get into more detail about dips and jumps or "yumps" as they are called.

CAS or CAST Calculated average speed.
this is the average speed you need to use in your calculations to determine when you are supposed to arrive at a given instruction. since that is how your score is determined.

Odo Leg or Odometer calabration leg.
It's the first "Stage" of a rally and gives you an oppertunity to find out your correction factor or what percentage you are fast or slow over offical mileage.

It all sounds complicated but it's not. if your odometer is 10% low you just need to calculate all the mileages by .9 so your instructions make sense and it's easy for you to stay on course.

here is a good site
TSDRoadRally.com - Novice or Nervous: Getting Started

that might be more info then you need.