Old 04-20-2007, 11:08 AM
treekiller
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blazing Sandals I A.K.A. "Son Of Treekiller"

Since this is going to be a beginning rally for most of you I decided to err to the side of conservatism, and everybody knows the true spirit of TreeKiller is not to be conservative. So... The first Suncoast road rally will be named Blazing Sandals. And finishing "BS" will be a novice qualifier for the invitation only TreeKiller.

"Stages" one and two and the odo. Leg have come along quite nicely I had to go out to Brooksville to find suitable roads with elevation and a BUNCH of turns. To draw in more competitors the "BS" rally will only be run on "Real" roads because of this we can keep the average speed up and draw in more competitors.

Some of the roads I had initially plotted were recently re-graded and the washboard surface is not even fun to go straight on so I had to eliminate most of these sections. (To be brought back for "TK" in the fall) I am going to put the emphasis on paved twisty roads. The pace WILL be brisk; CAS will be at or near the speed limit on most roads and these roads will be hard to maintain. I have found no less then 80 feet of elevation change in rapidly linked turning sections.

There are NO streetlights in this area so it's spooky st night but that adds to the fun!

I got to pre-run the road sections at speed and it is an absolute hoot.

Drivers: You’re going to have to be on your game to stay on time, although Time allowances are free for lost time.

Navagators: I am over explaining the route so you can keep your "loose nuts behind the wheel" under control.

Workers, I am sponsoring the Beef and Beer at rally finish. I can put some of you up if your from far out of town.

Last edited by treekiller; 04-20-2007 at 11:13 AM.