View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Notladstyle
King of Ricers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Teggy_Boy
Alrighty then, well... I own a 1988 Mustang GT and I might be doing my own audio install on it. I have ordered Infinity Reference (2-ways) all around, and a Legacy 600x2 Watt Amp. I will be using a Rockford Fosgate RFX9210 Head Unit and running new speaker wire all around. The questions I have are as follows: First off, this head unit has no RCA's on it, but it has 2 areas for pin connectors. I've done some research and I assume that I have to get some sort of pin connector that has RCA's on it, but I can't find this *ANYWHERE*. Where could I find this part, if it exhists? My next question is, if I find that RCA plugin, do I still need to get a wiring harness? If so why? (To power the head unit? To power the Amp?).... Thanks in advance everyone! Sorry if I sound retarded, this is my first full install.
You can use the high outputs with an LLC (when properly tuned) to produce close to if not equal sound quality as the RCA outputs. forget about the pin piece especially since you wont notice any sq difference with a legacy amp.

You will need your car's wiring harness in order to avoid cutting up the stock wiring. You will need another kit (8ga wire kit) to power the amplifier. You may also possibly need an antenna adapter to fit the stock radio to your aftermarket.

Shopping list:
One four channel line level converter
One 8ga wiring kit with RCA cables
One Wiring harness
One Antenna adapter (maybe, crutchfield can tell you)
Mounting kit (again, check crutchfield)