Thread: cooling
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 02:28 PM
roracer70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol don't worry, that doesnt sound wierd. Yes, it is a milodin high flow water pump. i had a napa water pump on the engine when we put it in and it lasted a few months. during the winter season, my temp would peg over 250 when the engine was warming up and then cool down and not go past 165. I consulted a few mechanics, one said it was the gauge, got a new gauge and it still did it. one said it was the thermostat, new thermostat and i made sure there was no air in the system. it still pegged over 250 when warming up. finally, my first water pump cracked at the threads where the heater core hoses leave the pump. i got the second water pump, it stopped going to 250 when warming up, but the engine would never stay cool. and i went through a whole bunch of crap to keep the car cool. new heavy duty radiator made for my car with a/c, which i don't have a/c. milodin water pump and 160 thermostat. i've tried about 3 or 4 different mechanical fans, new repo fan shroud, and i've tried about 3 different electric fan setups. and abosutely nothing seems to ever cool down this engine. i would like to take my car on a road trip that is further then 14 miles south on 19 without the fear of over heating lol. driving is ok, but as soon as i hit traffic and sit for even a minute, the temp just shoots straight up.