View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 03:18 AM
lancerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthrAxNSB
That's great, but at this point, without any testing, it's just a nice sounding idea. What of all the other nice sounding ideas that turned out to be bull-sh*t? Maybe this will become the turd that tops the pile.

Until your idea is tested, it's just a nice sounding idea. The tests are necessary to form a reasonable conclusion (as science teaches us).

The contention here, then, is not that you're wrong, but that your claim that you're right is as hasty a claim as I've ever seen. Let the evidence come in...
I got a better idea. Why dont you run your six bolts with cut cranks. Make sure the thrust has been cut oversize as well. Then run it like that without the nitrided coating. Then let everyone know how long it takes to crankwalk or spin a bearing.

Anyone who builds a 6 bolt knows not to use a cut crank. The factory manual says "do not cut journals undersize or the surface coating will be lost" . Factory does not sell oversize bearings for 1g cranks. However the 2g manual says its okay to cut the crank. And they do sell oversize bearings for the 2g motors.
my favorite quote
"if the solution is simple, God is answering"