Old 12-11-2002, 10:41 AM
clracergrl
Type S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flood Damage to Engine *UPDATE*...Please Help!

I (/we, my boyfriend and I,) have a 98 Acura Integra LS...2DR...here's what happened:
Yesterday, Tuesday the 10th, my boyfriend was leaving to go to work at 6am, it was totally dark outside. We live in the apartments next to Barney's on Gandy in St. Pete and he left out of the side gate, which drops you off on the road that runs next to Barney's. (Between the shop and the storage place) The entire road, both length and width wise, was under over a foot of water. You couldn't tell because there was so much water and it was so dark outside that it just looked like the road. Once he found out that the road was flooded, it was too late. The car stalled and he pushed it to the Barney's parking lot where it sat all day. The car still won't start. There are some things that do work, the headlights, radio, his alarm - although the lights don't flash when he arms and disarms it - and the window's roll up and down - very slowly. His car is lowered and has a cold air intake (among other little things - no major engine stuff though besides an AEM fuel rail).
I talked to our dealership (Crown Acura in Clearwater) and they said that it's a very good possibilty that the car is hydro-locked. So, I called our insurance company and they said that once I get the car to the dealership that they'll send someone out to take a look at it.
So, my point is this; has this ever happened to any of you? What did your insurance company do? (We have full coverage with a $500 deductable) How much did it cost? Did you have your dealership/shop do the work? And is it possible that since we're more than likely going to need a new engine, is there a chance that we could do a motor swap? and have the insurance company pay for it? We were in the process of saving for one to begin with. Your help is really appreciated. Thank you.