Old 06-01-2005, 08:03 PM
nunyo
Now with less suck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation CFR West June autocross finally scheduled

Sorry for the late notice on this one, those that have been watching know that we ran into trouble with our Sebring event and have had to scramble to get an event scheduled for June.

The event is scheduled for June 18th and 19th. Due to the short notice I feel that it would be unfair to make this a double points event weekend, as such we'll run the more familiar Saturday practice, Sunday points event format.

I'll be short by a couple of my regulars for setting things up in the morning, so anyone that wants to arrive at 7:00 to help setup can be assured of their choice of work assignment during the heats.

Gate opens at 7:00 and closes at 9:00. Registration opens as soon as we have the computers setup and closes at 9:00. Late registration, subject to a $10 late fee will be open until 9:15. Drivers meeting at 9:40, first car off by about 10:00 AM.

Check myautoevents for the registration page. It may not be up until tomorrow evening as all of this is happening rather quickly. Remember that if your name is not on the list generated by myautoevents, we cannot allow you on site. This goes for guests as well. Being an airport site, this is a mandatory requirement imposed by the department of homeland security, so please direct your complaints accordingly. Being on the list is not an obligation to attend, so feel free to list any guests that might show up.

Despite the short notice I expect that we'll still have a fun event with lots of runs available to all. Saturday's course will most likely be a stretched out version of the last Saturday course. If we get a turnout on Saturday that indicates the ability to support a longer course, we'll try to run a 60+ second course on Sunday.

As always we're looking to expand our core team of event workers. We have positions available for a trophy manager, chief of tech inspection, and we're also considering rotating the event chair duties among members. Please see me at an event if you're interesting in commiting some time to help make the club better, it is greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you there!