Thread: Wooo...Hoooo!!
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 05:51 AM
HerHotRod
The Happy Mrs.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wooo...Hoooo!!

We rebuilt the carb last night (Holley 650) and I had also bought a set of the assorted plastic cams. I didn't know if they get much wear on them, and they had been on there forever, so I thought now is better than ever to replace them.

Well I didn't know exactly what they do so I was going to change them out w/ the same ones. I did the secondary first, no problem. Then I pull off the one on the primary and it's the same #330 as the back one. I only had the one new one I used on the back. So now I had no idea which new cam to put on since the profiles are diferent, and I didn't know exactly "what" it would be changing mechanically. Well..... I have ALWAYS had this horrible hesitation in the car that I always overcompensated w/ higher timing and/or having to run it way to rich.

Well thanks to Bill, and about 20min staring at these things , he figured out which cam profile I needed to make the throttle come in sooner (I think) and the throttle response is perfect now. I never would have thought something like that was my problem this whole time. Now I can jet it down and no more fouled plugs!!

The car has never run so good, some of it has to be because I rebuilt the carb to