View Single Post
Old 06-03-2002, 06:01 PM
Leonard
OUCH!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ? ? ?

Originally posted by "400HP930"

I have been running in A Prepared for what I assumed were my intake and exhaust mods in addtion to the 17" wheels. Then again I have always been honest with the registration people about the mods. Perhaps it was an error on the inspector's part and I really belong in A Stock.

Does anyone know exactly what is the line you have to cross to go from stock to prepared? If someone has the official SCCA docs any help would be appreciated. If someone can look this up for me I have the following:
Actually, you are in the right by classing yourself properly. It's someplace in the rulebook (which isn't handy to me right now as I'm in TX and it's at home.. ), but it reads something like this....

It is the duty of the driver to properly classify their car not the duty of tech. Tech is there to tech cars for safety purposes and to assist drivers in classifing their cars. If someone feels that you have improperly competed in a class, it is their right to petition your car at which point in time event staff will make a determination as to whether the protested mods are permitted within the class... if they aren't, your times are thrown out.

If somebody really wants it, I'll find the proper places in the rulebook and give you page numbers...

I'm not gonna quote it... spend the 15.00 on it...