View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Bill
Livin' in Seattle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by nunyo
I hope my input is not unwelcome. I noticed that all of the STi drivers were scrubbing speed in the corners. (This is something that I still struggle with from time to time.) You might try backing off on the entry speed so you can be on the gas sooner. The car is only going to go around a corner so fast, if you get in too fast it'll scrub the speed by sliding the front wheels sideways. If you go in under the highest speed for that corner you can get on the gas sooner. As I understand it the STi will actually oversteer a bit under power, if you can get on it early enough you should be able to do a slight power slide out and have higher straightaway speeds.
Well with the car seeing only one auto-x and having only ~2,000 miles on the clock, I wasn't really aiming for a fast time. I was more concerned with getting a feel for the car. Seeing how much entry speed I could get away with, playing with the throttle in the corners, etc. Once I get the hang of this car I'll work on getting my times down.

abnormalmiata - Hey, thanks for letting my brother jump in for a ride along. By the time he showed up my run group was already over. Appreciate it.