Old 03-16-2002, 05:29 PM
138MustangGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK FYI the track supports an open lap time of 1:15.00 if you are taking it easy Trust me.

SCCA has events like this theyre called Solo 1 AND ARENT THAT EXPENSIVE!!! But they do not give you 30 minutes of track time.

I dont know anything about Solo 1 but will learn in April. Dont expect to have anything get done by this summer but we might be able to do a cool event like that this year sometime.
EVERYONE wasnts to open track but that happens to be reserved for cars that have cool things like roll bars and fire systems(or at least an extinguisher). Its not for our gimpy solo2 cars Solo 1 trials are our introduction venue before we get interested in things like club racing. JOIN THE SCCA get acquainted with the type of racing offered and lobby your local SCCA board for the type of event you want to run in. It happens that way.

As far as costs are concerned we are giving Gville Raceway a hassle about event costs just because of the input you guys (and a few others) have given. You tell me stuff I pass it up the chain and it hits Gville raceway slam in the mouth. Hopefully theyll be reeling from the possibility of less events and lowere the price!

Oh and I know you werent complaining or getting pissed about the predriving... Im sure you noticed that no one even launched. It is perfectly expected to ask questions when you think something unfair is going on.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! keep them coming.