View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Jordan Y.
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 93ex
what kind of clearance is between the mids and the glass? roughly... perhaps you could go with 1/2 inch mdf spacer?
There is an eighth of an inch of clearance between the glass and the bottom of the magnet when the window is all the way down. I actually measured the needed clearance with a tape measure so the spacer would be as thin as possible- it was just luck that it came out to 3/4".

As far as sound quality goes, I'm pleased now that I've got the gain and crossover set approximately where they should be and since I've been able to play around with the eq settings on my head unit a bit, though I may ask for some help with that if I can ever keep my car running long enough to make it to an audio meet . I don't really have a good comparison to make as I've only really heard high-end stuff in the stores and not in a car, but I'm happy with what I have for the price I paid. What I need now to be truly content with the setup is a sub to fill in the low end. Unfortunately, I just exposed an improper head gasket installation on my part with a trip to the track, so it will be a little while before I can afford it- damn tuition deferment means I have to wait another month before I get my hands on that 2500 dollars of car fundage .