Thread: blowing fuses?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 11:09 AM
paconyx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by TBSpyder
That's an easy one...bigger fuse. Go to a car audio store (not a chain store) and get something closer to a 100amp fuse. I'm willing to bet you'll never have the problem again.
Thats not really a good idea, thats rule number 1, when trouble shooting. Never replace a blown fuse with a larger one, especially when, your same system set up, has never blown a certain gauge fuse in the past. Consider all possibilities 1st

I take it that you have 3 fuses in your total system, one for each amp and your main line fuse. Normally the main line fuse is just as big as the largest fuse in your system or a bit larger. If your largest amp is 60 then the main line could be 60 or 80.

My advice before you replace for a larger fuse, is to read your voltage level at each amp, then at the main line. The voltage should be constant through out the line.

Or your ground may be bad: Heres a few check offs- Do you have both amps grounded in the same location or at a virtual common point? Like the Chassi of the car. How long is your ground wire? Whats fusing requirements for each amp and do you have that in your distrobusion block.

If totaly all else fails then do what ma boy TBSpyder says.