For Sale/WTB VW / Audi / Porsche Strictly VW / Audi related for sale/WTB

FS: 01 Jetta 1.8T (some mods)

Old 09-11-2008, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 01 Jetta 1.8T (some mods)

Almost finished with college, and my gf and I have decided it's time for a new car. For sale is our 2001 Jetta, 1.8T (AWD motor). It's in great running condition, paint has reasonable wear for its age (some minor scratches and rock chips) and has been hand-washed and kept waxed as long as I have owned it (since 2005). The interior is clean and in good condition, except for the headliner which has mysteriously fallen this summer. Guess the heat got to be too much for it and the glue heated up.

A/C blows cold, never had any major mechanical problems, I've installed a green top coolant sensor and the car gets over 300 miles per tank (and I consider myself a "spirited" driver). Standard VW AM/FM/Cassette with a 6-disc CD changer in the trunk. The timing belt and water pump were replaced when I bought it (65,000 miles), and the clutch was replaced with a VR6 clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel from ECS at 85,000. Also just did the head gasket and put in new fuel injector seats recently.

Upgrades:
42DD A-pillar gauge w/ Stewart Warner Boost/Vac Gauge
APR 93 octane software
AEM cold air intake (can replace with stock airbox at buyer's request)
Forge 007 polished DV
Wrinkle red powdercoated valve cover & intake manifold
NewSouth Powergasket+
Polished fuel rail
New Beetle 16" wheels with relatively new tires ("fair" condition, have some imperfections)
Debadged rear
Joey modded headlights (not pictured but looks awesome, and no fogging)

The pics:

The bad:
The headliner is falling, as previously mentioned, so that would need to be fixed. Just a matter of pulling out the headliner and using some 3M spray adhesive to reglue it, but I'm lazy and it doesn't bother me so I'm not doing it.

Whoever owned the car before me drilled holes into the front rubstrip, presumably for a europlate. I had one of my own on there to cover up the holes for a while but the double-sided tape wasn't working out so I took it off.

Someone in the USF sundome parking lot decided to leave me with a gift one day while I was in class, and clipped the passenger-side fender in front, so it has a small dent. Not sure if it can be pulled out, but its not noticeable unless you're standing right by the car. The front bumper is fine.

$6200 obo, no trades!

You can reply here, email me at mblawson@gmail.com, or call me at (813) 928-6262

Last edited by Mike431635; 09-11-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold