For Sale/WTB TRuck Strictly TRuck related for sale/WTB

WANTED: AMC Aluminum intake manifold

Old 01-23-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED: AMC Aluminum intake manifold

Hey everyone, I'm just looking for a reasonably priced aluminum intake for my 1973 Javelin and i figured maybe one of you jeep guys might have one laying around that you don't need. I'm not picky about manufacturer whether it's edelbrock.weiand,holley or whatever. Let me know what you have and how much. Pm me or call 813-951-2867.
Thanks!
Old 01-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Protected Taurus .45/.410

i know my neighbor has a AMC in his backyard i dont know what model it is or what motor is in it but he might sell it, how much does a intake like that cost because i bet it you make him a good offer he prolly rip it off and sell it to you

MCOR Automotive LLC
http://www.mcorautomotive.com/
PM MCOR for any electronics, upholstrey, accessories or window tint (813) 362-5454
They will take care of you as they did me
Old 01-24-2008, 04:33 AM

I'd give 75.00 for it or even a bit more if it were in good shape. It's nothing special, just a 4 barrel aluminum intake manifold. It's just that they are harder to come across for an AMC than a ford or chevy simply because there aren't as many out there. I posted on this forum because I know a lot of jeep cherokees and wagoneers from the '70's and '80's have Amc V-8 engines in them and someone on here might have an abandoned project or just a manifold sitting on the shelf that they aren't going to use anymore. Right now the 1973 Javelin I'm fixing up just has a stock 304 2 barrel engine in it with a mild cam. I'm getting ready to detail the motor and would like to swap on a 4 barrel intake and carb at the same time.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:04 AM
...Your Mom

cool, sounds like a neat project, I'll look around, good point on the jeep thing, some guys swap out the old motor completely for a SBC350 so it shouldn't be that hard to find...

Old 01-24-2008, 12:50 PM

Thanks. I was thinking that with all those AMC V-8's sitting in Jeeps it seems logical that over the years a few people would have slapped a basic Edelbrock performer or weiand intake on one for a bit more power. And like you said, lots of guys just go ahead and swap a SBC into them and get rid of the AMC motor all together, so hopefully someone has an AMC intake sitting in their yard or garage and would rather have a few bucks than have it sitting around taking up space.