For Sale/WTB Mazda Strictly Mazda For Sale/WTB

I Need A Bac For S4 Rx7!!!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:49 PM
ROTM February 2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need A Bac For S4 Rx7!!!

yep, i need one asap. bac valve for a s4 n/a. shared_pm me.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:48 AM

y don't u clean yours out w/ a plastics-safe degreaser
Old 03-21-2010, 12:31 PM
"Da Man"

Perhaps he checked the resistance w/ a multimeter and its out of spec (10.7-12.3) ?

and for the record, all BAC's are the same, the only difference is the orientation of the air inlet tube which I'm pretty sure can be switched since theres a small set screw on the back side of it.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:02 PM
ROTM February 2013

Originally Posted by landon303
y don't u clean yours out w/ a plastics-safe degreaser

i could, the shit will NOT idle. i was just afraid of destroying the plastic piece inside. i will look for the degreaser today.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:05 PM
ROTM February 2013

Originally Posted by sharingan 19
Perhaps he checked the resistance w/ a multimeter and its out of spec (10.7-12.3) ?

and for the record, all BAC's are the same, the only difference is the orientation of the air inlet tube which I'm pretty sure can be switched since theres a small set screw on the back side of it.
i did not know they were the same. i know they changed EVERYthing else every fucking 3 months on the fc.

i dont exactly know what it is, its either the BAC or the thermowax. it couldnt be the flywheel could it?

Old 03-22-2010, 04:13 PM
"Da Man"

No, it couldn't. The flywheel will not keep the car from idling. Worst case scenario if its too light, bit might cause u stall if you don't pick the revs up when you put it into gear.

Thermowax only affects idle when cold. ie- if the car wont idle when cold but idles fine once it warms up. Also if your idle is too high (once warm) it could be a sign that the thermowax is faulty and not disengaging.

Have you check the resistance on the BAC to make sure that its in spec?

Have you checked the wiring/plugs to make sure that the BAC has a good connection?

Have you checked for vaccum leaks around the Throttle body/intake?

Have you followed that procedure for setting idle as outlined in the FSM (factory service manual - available free online) or Haynes manual?

Old 03-22-2010, 06:16 PM
ROTM February 2013

sorry, i should have previously stated i had just put a fidenza aluminium flywheel in it...

Old 03-22-2010, 06:22 PM
ROTM February 2013

Originally Posted by sharingan 19
No, it couldn't. The flywheel will not keep the car from idling. Worst case scenario if its too light, bit might cause u stall if you don't pick the revs up when you put it into gear.

Thermowax only affects idle when cold. ie- if the car wont idle when cold but idles fine once it warms up. Also if your idle is too high (once warm) it could be a sign that the thermowax is faulty and not disengaging.

Have you check the resistance on the BAC to make sure that its in spec?

Have you checked the wiring/plugs to make sure that the BAC has a good connection?

Have you checked for vaccum leaks around the Throttle body/intake?

Have you followed that procedure for setting idle as outlined in the FSM (factory service manual - available free online) or Haynes manual?

its hard to explain, anything under 2K and it just tries to die. i havent had a chance to warm it up to check if it is the thermowax or not. it revs so quick now with the flywheel in, but as soon as it gets to about 1500 it tries to die. it wont hold any kind of idle, i mean it wont even try. i could hold it at 3K and let off and it just drops till it dies.

no vacuum leaks.

plug seems okay.

i dont have a dvom to check the ohms, but i will try to do that soon.

god damn fcs!

Old 03-23-2010, 10:06 PM
ROTM February 2013

LOL!!!!

towed it to a new mechanic today and he had the car running and idling perfect withing 2 hours. pete stop fucked up something and didnt tell me. i will check with him tomorrow to see what it was.

god damnit i hate stupid people!