For Sale/WTB Honda & Acura Strictly Honda Acura Parts For Sale/WTB

91 LS Teg.. it needs help.. Advice?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Blah.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 91 LS Teg.. it needs help.. Advice?

Afternoon all, I picked up a 91 teg couple weeks back, and on top of putting in a new radiator from an acura place I get discounts at, this thing has some pretty decent needs.

Weatherstripping
AC only works on 3 and 4, and ONLY blows cold
radio works, thankfully..
driver door speaker --brand new -- still doesn't play.

Intentions:
Cat-back exhaust
Cold Air Intake
Tenzo-R front strut bar
springs and shocks (coilovers anyone?)
DEFINITELY a new paint job, as well as taking care of a couple rust spots.
rims, obviously.
POSSIBLE JDM RHD conversion, if I could find a clip somewhere when I get the $$
Probably a turbo eventually
Anyone ever done a supercharged teg? - just a thought. I know the difference.

Anywho, Advice is welcome, and yes you can all laugh at how shitty the thing looks. I'll post pics once I get home tonight. Will check later. Thanks for the (hopefully constructive) input.

Seraph
Old 09-25-2008, 12:15 PM
OL' MAN

in the wrong form ,,,,this is for parts for sale,,,, but my advice dont put coilovers on it , put lowering springs,, and a good brand name at that,, you will get a smoother ride not a pogo stick ride, just my opinion...
Old 09-25-2008, 02:29 PM

^^^na dude seems like uv never had a da... first of all coilovers on a da dont bounce if u get a dropzone coilover kit..i had the same problem with the a/c n i kno it sounds wierd but when i changed the condenser n the fan it fixed the problem..but then again maybe it was just my da....free bump
Old 09-25-2008, 04:25 PM
OL' MAN

ive had a ef hatch-eg hatch-ek hatch- da integra-dc integra-eg coupe-ek coupe and a delsol , they all ride like shit on coilovers, if your going to lower a car drop it down on lowering springs that are made and intended to give you a smoother ride at a specific lowering height and handleing is so much better also, your top performance cars are not running around on ebay coilovers ,,there dropped on tein, or h&r or some other top brand lowering spring. its only my opinion though , but as you can tell ive drove them all and the smoothest way and the only way i will ride is on lowering springs not cheap coilovers.