For Sale/WTB GM - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Saturn Strictly GM related For Sale/WTB

1970 Prostreet Nova - Fully Restored and Heavily Modified

Old 08-31-2008, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1970 Prostreet Nova - Fully Restored and Heavily Modified

Gentlemen (and ladies),

This car took me 2 full years to restore and get it to it's current state. It is NOT for a novice! The last thing I want is for someone to get it and kill themselves and ruin this beautiful piece of history.

Here are the some details for you guys:

BODY
-1970 Nova
-Body was soda blasted and all body panels have been replaced with Goodmark reproduction metal (2 Front New fenders, New trunk panel, 2 New quarter panels, 2 New door skins, New 4" Harwood Cowl hood, New Cowl Vent, 2 New inner fenders, New radiator core support)
-Roof was replaced with a 69' roof found in Sebring, Florida
-New Front windsheild and Rear Glass
-All new chrome and trim throughout
-Restored SS grill and headlight bezels
-New Front and Rear bumper
-New trunk floor with new braces
-Paint is 05' Viper Metallic Silver with Jet Black racing stripes

Motor

-383ci - 4-bolt main block
-Retrofitted with full hydraulic roller Crane Cam and lifters 248* .579int .595ex
-Forged Eagle ESP H-Beam Connecting Rods (5.7")
-Forged Eagle Ultralite Crank
-Forged JE Pistons -16cc invert. Dome
-Professional Products Hurricane Hi-rise intake
-RHS heads 210cc Int runner 58cc chamber - fully ported
-Barry Grant Mighty Demon 750cfm carb
-Milidon 7qt deep oil pan
-All billet accessories
-B&M flexplate
-Hooker Ceramic LT headers with 3" exhaust all the way back through Hooker Mufflers
-Edelbrock 110GPH fuel pump
-High Torque Starter

**Engine made 567FWHP N/A at Theengineworks.com after assembly. It was blueprinted to handle nitrous. ALOT of nitrous (250-400shot). So it'll handle 750+hp all day long. I've never had a bottle on it, but I'll leave that for the new owner**

The car only has less than 350 miles on it since finished - the engine, tranny, and rear end aren't even broken-in yet!

Transmission
-Doug Herbert Th350 with 3000 Redneck Racing Conv.
-Hurst Pro Stick with custom perch
-Extra capacity ATF pan
-B&M 24,000LBS GVW fluid cooler
-New 3" driveshaft

Rear End
-8.5" 10-bolt rear
-POSI Eaton Series III differential
-4.10 Superior Gear
-Moser Forged yoke
-Monoleaf Springs with KYB shocks

Rolling Gear
-Weld Prostars 15"x3.5" skinnies with M/T Sportman tires
-Weld Prostars 15"x8" with Nitto 555R's D/R's

Front End
-QA1 1.5" drop springs with KYB shocks
-New upper and lower ball joints
-Energy Suspension polyurethane suspension rebuild kit with body mounts
-Subframe w/A-arms were removed and sandblasted and then painted semi gloss black

Interior
-Believe it or not, the interior of the car was a time capsule when I got it. The interior retains the original 1970 bench seat, door panels, headliner, dash, and rear seat. I have replaced the carpet, dashpad, package tray, restored the gauge cluster, and installed an AutoMeter Wideband o2 sensor. If you were to look at it, it's very unassuming - that is until you step on it, and it sounds like a pro-stock dragster.

Well that's about it. The car is an excellent restoration that took me over 2 years to complete. Every nut, bolt, and washer was either replaced or wire-wheeled down and painted black. This is a true sub-frame off restoration.

The bottom line is, it is a MONSTER! Even in 3rd gear going 45-50mph, you can blow the tires off the car if you floor it. The torque is outstanding and after 3500rpms, the car pulls like a freight train. If you're a speed junky and love getting attention, this is the car for. Show looks, that hooks. I basically tried to theme the car after a late 60's SoCal dragster by using the traditional racing stripes and leaving the upper window frames flat back. Out of 4 shows that I've attented, I've won 2 for "modified muscle car" class. People can't believe that I drive on the street, but it's true. It's 93oct friendly and it pulls the tires.

I'm looking to get $16,000 for it. The car was appraised in January 08' for $23,500 for insurance purposes by the Fuller & Mills Co. I'm listing it for $7500 under the market value. I just got a new project (more expensive), so I need this to move quickly to allocate the money towards the new car. This is a great opportunity for someone get a badass car, for WAY less than market value.

I know I'm forgetting something so PM me or email me if you have any questions. I made a slideshow for anyone that's interested in seeing the car. Just click on the link and it'll take you to my photobucket account.
After you're done viewing the slide show, click on the tab that says "View Album" and you'll be able to see the car during the entire restoration process. Enjoy!

ProchargedchevyI - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's a few pictures just to get things started:

Old 09-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Bolt-On 2v GT

pure sex on wheels

wish I could afford it

"Does this look like a piece of crap to you? Like them spinnin' tires do you?"
Old 09-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Posts most when drunk

outstanding car! wish i had the money

-Miles.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:10 AM

whats the MPG on this? and whats 587fwhp? car seems badass.

R.I.P - Tim Aldrich (Osama Tim Laden)

Old 09-01-2008, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by shinmei2006
whats the MPG on this? and whats 587fwhp? car seems badass.

Thanks for the kind words guys....It means a lot.

FWHP = Flywheel horsepower.... The engine was strapped onto an engine dyno after it was assembled to get the timing and fuel curve correct. Factor in about 15-18% parasitic drivetrain loss and you've got about 480 at the wheels - that's naturally aspirated too. If you put a 200 shot (which it's designed for) you've got a high 9 sec car.

MPG really depends on how your drive it. I'd say if you keep your foot out of it, probably around 10-11 mpg.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:27 PM

oh sweet, i see what you mean. never saw someone say flywheel hp as fwhp. thats awesome dude. you should get 16k EASY.

R.I.P - Tim Aldrich (Osama Tim Laden)

Old 09-03-2008, 03:38 PM

Bump...
Old 09-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Still CREEPIN

the car will easily go for 16gs, but not on tampa racing. u will have alot of lookers, but thats it. great lookin car man, awesome build. bump fer the beast

a lil advice, throw it on ebay. it will def go on there for 16gs, if not more

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Old 09-04-2008, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Stealth Mode
the car will easily go for 16gs, but not on tampa racing. u will have alot of lookers, but thats it. great lookin car man, awesome build. bump fer the beast

a lil advice, throw it on ebay. it will def go on there for 16gs, if not more

Thanks bud...

I think you're right, however Ebay is going to be my last resort to sell her. I've sold 2 other vehicles on there and it was a nightmare - between shipping companies and non-paying bidders, I'm a little hesitant.

Besides, I'm really weird with my project cars, and I kind of build an attachment to them while I build them. Which is probably a good thing because I don't cut corners or hack the build. I'm a firm believer that part of the excitment of purchasing a classic car is to touch, see, and smell it before you lay your money down. Just pointing a mouse and clicking takes away from the whole buying experience, in my opinion. I'd prefer the buyer take her for a ride and stretch her legs a little so they can see the value they're getting.

I really want this car to go to a good home. If it doesn't sell within the next few weeks, I think Sleezebay is the route I'm going to have to take.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:24 AM
Still CREEPIN

another suggestion, barret jackson, i went to the auction in wpb and theres alot of cars like these u dont see on the block.

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME