For Sale/WTB Ford, Lincoln, Mercury For Sale/WTB area for all Ford related items. Please keep this strictly ford related.

parting out car

Old 06-20-2011, 09:07 AM
is doing your girlfriend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parting out car

this is just a feeler post. we dont have any prices for anything yet. if there is something that catches your eye let me know, and ill get you more information.
My brother is wanting to part out his car here soon.
its an 87 Thunderbird
306 with forged motorsport rods, Keith Black Hyperpistons, Ford X-cam, MSD billet distro. edelbrock performer rpm intake, holley 650 dp carb, motor has AFR 185s on it, but they still belong to me may sell if someone is interested in the whole motor.
MSD 6-al, Aeromotive 4 port FPR, holley blue pump
Has a custom oil cooler set up using all Ford parts off of a Crown Vic police car.
a set of Cobra R replica Eagle wheels, 17x10 rear 17x8 (iirc) fronts with 285 40? 17s with less than 10 miles, the fronts i think are Kumho Ecstas, nothing special
has a set of flow tech long tubes with 3" collectors and Flowmaster 40s

20 something gallon fuel cell in the steel case
rebuilt T-5 with less than 10 miles on it, new steel flywheel, new Ford King Cobra clutch.
2000 Cobra R bilstein struts, has one coil over for the front, the other one is like $50.
13" cobra brakes with spindles.

re upholstered seats (dark blue and black) assorted gauges.

for the Thunder bird specific parts, there is a new ART 6-point roll cage that hasnt been fitted or welded yet. Hood that has been cut for bolt in vent louvers, has also had some bracing removed, has hood pins installed.
steel front fenders that have had all steel 1.5" flares built into them.

this is pretty much how the motor looks, i think the air cleaner got damaged though.

here is a fender, both sides are done, smoothed and primered, i think one is painted in BMW M3 titanium gray

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 06-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Still CREEPIN

How much for the complete car.

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Old 06-20-2011, 10:40 AM
is doing your girlfriend

Make an offer.

Also there is no back seat, it has been replaced by a sheet of 0.032" aluminum and carpeted. Also would need two rear lower control arms. Has one factory one and one we made, but never got around to making the other. The upper control arms have been replaced with a different 4 link style with a panhard bar. The front k member has been modified by changing the control arm mounts for better handling since this car was built for road racing

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 06-20-2011, 10:46 AM
is doing your girlfriend

Also have two 351W blocks. I believe both are mid to late 80's one has been machined (not sure if over bored or not) and is ready to go, though the cylinders probably could be honed since its been sitting for a while.

The other 351 block has no main caps.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:16 PM

how much for the complete motor with the AFR'S? and do u know what the compression is on the motor?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:59 PM
is doing your girlfriend

ill have to get a price from him tomorrow, but i think its 10.5-11:1 the heads have been decked to 58cc

Old 06-20-2011, 06:25 PM

How much for the cobra brakes I don't need the spindles just the calpers rotors lines and brackets.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:28 PM

ok sounds good i am very interested in the motor though!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:47 AM
Still CREEPIN

I have not clue what you guy's are looking for.

I'll toss $1200 out there to start with.

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Old 06-21-2011, 05:54 AM
is doing your girlfriend

$1500 for motor (from oil pan to carb with distributor)
$300 for the front brakes
For the whole car he is looking more at about $3500

Quick Reply: parting out car