For Sale/WTB Ford, Lincoln, Mercury For Sale/WTB area for all Ford related items. Please keep this strictly ford related.

93 cobra values

Old 05-04-2011, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 cobra values

Is there somewhere that I can find the values on cobra and fox saleens. I want to sell my 68 camaro and find a nice cobra or saleen fox. I see a wide range in price, from 10-20k plus, I guess they are wworth what someone is willing to spend, but I just want to make sure I price my car somewhere hopefully close to what I can get into a nice fox for. Looking for a more modern classic.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Destroyer of fords

Any more info/pics of your camaro?

Cobras and saleens are what i am looking at now. Between 12-15K for a 70-100K mile car are what i have been looking at.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Vec

Just gotta be patient. I picked mine up about 6 months ago after daily searches. Black on black with sunroof, clear title, original paint, supercharged (included parts to revert back to stock), all documentation, 36k original miles ... 13k.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:40 AM
what time is it? 4:20

i have one i would consider selling....20k original miles...black with grey leather....original down to the brake pads...15k..its not pristeen..it has spent its life outside...no rust...some scratches and dents...but it is what it is

Last edited by denwa; 05-05-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:11 PM

Vec, that is a nice car, I hope to find one like that. Heres my car.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:47 PM

one sold on copart clear title no damage 4 grand
Old 05-08-2011, 11:19 AM

^shouldve bought it for 4k?? thats a steal?
Old 05-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Destroyer of fords

Originally Posted by spdfrk99

Would you take 12K for your camaro? please let me know ASAP, i am supposed to be buying a nova on tuesday for 12K. I would rather have another first gen camaro. 727-224-1342.

Here is an EXTREMELY nice 88 Saleen i was going to buy. Vortech blower, Ron Davis cooling system (big money), saleen intake (rare), 66K miles. Very nice car. He will take 11K for it. If i wasn't going to buy the Nova i would buy this. he is very anal about his cars. VERY, VERY clean Saleen for a great price.
For Sale FS: 88 Saleen Hatchback - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Old 05-08-2011, 04:52 PM
I gota Cheby

the above person is serious and not blowing smoke, he is really in the market for a nice car. good luck

Only 1/4 mile track I know is Gandy Bridge
Old 05-08-2011, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by spdfrk99

If the interior is as clean as the exterior,.. there isnt a Fox body in this world, regardless of mileage, that I would ever trade or sell that car for. I would never sell a 1st gen Fbody for a Fox body,.. ever. Pre 1972 muscle cars are the last of the breed. ANY made from 1973 on up (With the exclusion of the SD 455 Trans Am) is junk in comparison. Mid 70's to late 80's was the worst ever for performance cars. Resale of cars from this period shows as well. With the exception of the GNX, Cyclone and the Lotus head ZR1,.. there was nothing factory stock that would run more than 14's and 15's from the factory.

Granted,.. 93 Cobra's in mint condition will go up in value soon. I see it coming. But it has to be a mint, unmolested, low mileage, rust free car to qualify. 93 Cobra's that became daily drivers have little more value than a run of the mill 5.0. Saleens (As slow as they were) have more of a following and hold their value better than the Cobra's do.

Take this for what its worth. Keep that car. If I saw that car 3 months ago I would have given you a serious cash offer.
Or if you are in the market for a clean well done Fox,.. I'm building a 6.0 powered 93 GT from the ground up as a Pro Mod build. Its in the body shop right now, I am just waiting for it to be finished,.. Eh hem,.. Bryan,.. cough cough (just joking,.. take your time and make it nice). The build will be like this,.. 03 Cobra Sonic Blue metallic flake paint (The car is stripped to the bone right now). All new door, hatch, hood, window trim, felt and gaskets etc etc. New door locks, latches and actuators, also brand new black metal door handles. Will have a tilt column with a Grant steering wheel. It will have a 2004 LQ9 6.0 from an Escalade under the hood. Edelbrock intake, Holley 750cfm carb, 1216 cam, Dynomax long tube headers, 3 inch exhaust,.. RWHP is EST to be between 375 - 400 at the wheels. AJE k-member and a-arms. Front and rear sway bars are from my wife's old 96 Cobra, QA1 coil overs front AND rear on Tokico 3 way adjustable shocks. 3 link rear suspension with torq arm and panhard bar. 3.73 rear gear, Detroit True Traq rear carrier with TKO 600 transmission, 26 spline Centerforce DFX clutch. Interior is all new black parts. Panels, healiner, new console, door panels etc etc. Front seats are black leather from a 98 Cobra, full power driver seat, Rear seat will be deleted,.. how ever I am still in possession of it,.. the car originally had black leather seats. The rear seat is in immaculate condition. Still undecided on which wheels to buy yet. Looking to buy either some Iforge or TSW wheels,.. 18x8.5 up front and 18x10 out back. When complete,.. I will have over $20,000 out of pocket cash in this car. It will have working heat and A/C as well as P/S. It should be as streetable and reliable enough to drive from here to LA and back on a moments notice. My intention is for the car to be my wife's daily driver so she can terrorize the import kiddies with it. Thats how well built the car will be. How ever,.. if your car is how I think it is,.. I would trade you straight up for that car. No, mine is not a Cobra,.. but I promise it will be as clean and reliable as it was the day it left the showroom floor. Only faster. I should have it complete within 30 days after I get it back from paint.

Personally I would keep your car.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"