For Sale/WTB Ford, Lincoln, Mercury For Sale/WTB area for all Ford related items. Please keep this strictly ford related.

anyone have a 2.3 laying around?

Old 09-09-2009, 10:57 AM
wanna be ford guy.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have a 2.3 laying around?

i have a 1990 ford ranger and im not sure what exactly happened to the motor but it started to not want to move, would stall when put into gear, started to knock and now there is water in the oil. so if anyone has a 2.3 motor that would be awsome. and after the truck is up and going again i could help haul off some junk for who ever.

also motor does not have to be complete. would be nice if it was but i have all the parts plus some. all i need is the block w/internals. all the bolt on stuff is not a must but will still take if i have to.

Last edited by Joker Instituted; 09-09-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Still CREEPIN

Where's my Mustang?

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Old 09-09-2009, 11:08 AM
wanna be ford guy.

i traded it for the ranger. things not in that bad of condition at all. well besides the motor taking a shit yesterday. but im driving the mustang untill the truck is fixed and it kinda sucks. i went from 20 mpg back to about 12.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Still CREEPIN

Cross you're fingers we don't meet again... I told you directly, when I first started building that car FOR FREE what would happen. This is basically slapping me in the face... Along with the $369.00 I have in that peice of shit.

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Old 09-09-2009, 05:58 PM

Am I the only one who is a bit lost?

My Project
Old 09-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Still CREEPIN

Very few people know what transpired in the building and rebuilding of his coupe...

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Old 09-10-2009, 08:36 AM
wanna be ford guy.

ok i really dont want to get into thisa with you and trust me im not happy to see it leave either but i cant aford the gas for the thing. i still cant even find me a freaking job and busch gardens wont even let me for for them at howl o scream this year with the same background i had working for them this year. my mother is the only one bringing in money and she just had to pick up another job. there is hardly any food in the house and our power has been off for almost a month now. that also means no phone for jobs to call me back on so i have been having to put friends numbers down that live somewhat near by. i still have to meet up with the GM of a club in ybor so i can try and get an event put together for him and get paid for that and hope that someone else dont come in and bid lower then me. my world is so screwed right now i dont really need anyone else's crap. i know you helped me out with that motor. and you knew as well that i did not really have much to spend on it. now i do see $369 being a little high though. your old valve cover is on there cuz you did not like the ones that i had on there.
you did not want it leaving your yard untill it was painted.
and yes you gave me a timming cover cuz mine stripped out.
your rollors are in my motor but thats becuz we thought one of mine were bad but seeing that there not my rollors that you have are fine. you helped me with gas from time to time for the motor cycle cuz i was driving 30 miles round trip every day for about a month trying to fix the stang. so yes you helped me out but what do you expect me to do? just give you the car? leave myself in an even worse position? im trying to do what i can to get by. and if i have to give up something that i love to help better my situation then so be it. its just a car and i can always build another one later on down the road. sorry if your upset but theres not really much i can do.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:10 PM
is tired

this....
Old 09-11-2009, 07:48 PM
The lost pony

sounds like you blew a head gasket pull the head and look at it and see you might just need a gasket kit. was it running hot?
Old 09-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Still CREEPIN

You should've fucking came to me explaning all this... Instead, I don't hear from you... I see you driving around in the car... And all the parts that i put into that thing were brand new.

Timing cover=179
Roller Lifters=112
Valve Covers=75

Plus all the money I gave... You say you didnt have a choice, yet you never came to me and explained you're situation. I would've offered you a reasonable amount for the car to hold you over and get you back on you're feet. Whatever dude... I hope it end's up at the scrap yard.

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME