For Sale/WTB Ford, Lincoln, Mercury For Sale/WTB area for all Ford related items. Please keep this strictly ford related.

wtb anything to make my fox handle better- struts, lowering springs cc plates, ect

Old 02-03-2009, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtb anything to make my fox handle better- struts, lowering springs cc plates, ect

hey guys looking for anythign to make my 88 gt handle better. the rear is lowered already but setup to go straight. its a drag car turned into a street car so now suspension needs alot. i know i need front struts bad, and would like to drop the front down a little bit also to even the stance on the car..

i would like opinions on how far to lower it so i can get a small gap on the wheel without rubbing(front) rear is where i want it i think but im not sure on springs in rear so tell me what you have to make the car sit nice and low and even or maybe raked slightly. main objective is handling and needs to be somewhat cheap so through me some daels on parts. used is ok but need to be in good shape.

may also be looking for brakes too since mine are not really that great. my car is 5lug converted so i would like to go with some nice calipers or maybe just leave calipers and go with drilled/slotted rotors. thats not my first problem though so lets stick with suspension unless you can give me any tips/deal on brakes too. thanks for the help in advance and pst me some deals,tips,pics
Old 02-03-2009, 05:41 PM

also looking for a strut tower brace cheap, sway bar upgrades?, rear end bushings probably need replaced too so if you know where to get them cheap let me know
Old 02-03-2009, 06:37 PM
I gota Cheby

Griggs torque arm 200.00, maximum motorsport strut tower brace 75.00, no pics, prices ain't cheap and yes there firm. Indian Rocks Beach area. South of Clearwater Beach

Only 1/4 mile track I know is Gandy Bridge
Old 02-04-2009, 06:07 AM

pm'd
Old 02-04-2009, 10:54 AM

i think i want to go with a front coilover conversion. if anyone has done this let me know how it turnned out. if you have a kit for sale let me know, i just want to get a kit thats adjustable and i need new struts anyway so might as well go that route.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:37 AM

hey guys still looking for caster camber plates, and possibly the entire coilover kit for my 88 gt...also would still like to hear about your experiences with coilovers on fox mustangs and stuff
Old 02-05-2009, 07:18 PM

alright now just looking for a good deal on front struts- unless you do have the other stuff iwas looking for because i havent ordered it yet. and Zman i want that brace and havent heard back from you yet so let me know!