1997 M3/4/5 for sale

Old 01-03-2011, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 M3/4/5 for sale

For Sale: 1997 BMW M3/4/5. Four door sedan, 5 speed transmission. Dakar Yellow/Mulberry leather. Lux package, rear spoiler, sunroof. 112k miles. Previous owner was enthusiast who purchased car June 2007 with 82k. He did an excellent job going through the car and freshening it. Work that he did included radiator, water pump, metal thermostat housing, drive belts, door handle seals, driver door seal, windshield seal, Royal Purple trans and diff fluids, hood and trunk struts, cruise switch, washer pump, headliner, clutch (Sachs OEM), slave and master, UUC upgrades (clutch pedal bushings, SS clutch line, RSM, RTAB, LCAB (with new control arms), shift carrier bushings, DSSR, subframe bushings), MZ3 shifter, Bilstein shocks, tie rods, guibo, rear ball joints and control arm bushings, Motion Motorsports aluminum underpanel, ignition switch and lock cylinder and BavToys ellipsoid headlights with 6000k HID bulbs.

I purchased the car in July 2009 with 96k. I replaced the battery, fixed the passenger seat recline gear, added keyless remote entry, tinted the windows, added a Sony radio with ipod control, Infinity and Pioneer speakers (wired for a sub but I never installed one), replaced the rear brake rotors and pads (Performance Friction), replaced the brake pedal switch and crankcase vent, installed a K&N cold air kit (OEM air box available) and replaced the red UUC transmission bushings with black UUC bushings.

The car is a lux package car but has the sport mesh grille. One of the front fenders has a DOT-R stamp. I can’t see any signs of repairs. HVAC blows very cold, and all of the pixels on the 18 button OBC and dash work. Cruise, rear defog, sunroof, all power windows work. This car has been well maintained and just needs a new enthusiast to enjoy it.

Car has a clean carfax and has always been in FL and GA. Garaged at least since 6/07. The car currently has BBS RK 17x8 wheels with Dunlop Direzza Star Spec 245/40 tires all around. I have a set of OEM M Contour II wheels (staggered 7 and 8 in) if you would prefer those in place of the BBS’s. The paint is excellent and shiny, with only minor chips on the nose. I have a bottle of touch up paint. There is slight wear on the driver’s bolster, but less than expected for a car with this mileage.

I’ll hate to see this one leave, but automotive ADD is what it is and I’ve got a wandering eye for something different. The E36 M3 has got to be one of the best all around cars ever made. This one is a beautiful and rare combination. If you want a car that will stand out among the SUV’s in the school pickup line, a yellow BMW M3 will certainly do the trick.

$10,900 located in Palm Harbor, FL.

1997 BMW M3 pictures by rojeho - Photobucket
Old 01-04-2011, 03:11 AM

way too pricy.... market value is about 5k-6k
Old 01-04-2011, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Batman4ever
correction do research first fair $6000, good $7000 and excellent is $7500

kellybluebook.com
Old 01-04-2011, 05:09 AM
picked last in gym class

Originally Posted by jdmlife

kellybluebook.com

so its 11000 this bitch better be gold plated for twice the recommended price. and fuck blue book prices, is it ever really right with people judging the condition of their own cars?

Nice car. Everyones broke,lower your price.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:13 AM

kellybluebook.com
i said market value..not the blue book value
dealer wont buy your car according to blue book value and private buyer wont buy your car according to blue book value either.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:35 AM
CAMEL JOCKEY

5k, Cash.
Real talk =)
Old 01-04-2011, 05:43 AM

i said market value..not the blue book value
dealer wont buy your car according to blue book value and private buyer wont buy your car according to blue book value either.
my fathers shop been open for 27 years and we always go off kelly blue book when we do private deals. so i dont know why you said that like its a fact

Last edited by jdmlife; 01-04-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:48 AM

my fathers shop been open for 27 years and we always go off kelly blue book when we do private deals. so i dont know why you said that like its a fact
u might go off blue book when do private deals.but u guys buy in the cars by black book from auction or any sources... i used to be car salesman..and i am also a ase certified master auto tech..i know how this works
Old 01-04-2011, 09:49 AM

u might go off blue book when do private deals.but u guys buy in the cars by black book from auction or any sources... i used to be car salesman..and i am also a ase certified master auto tech..i know how this works

now that you broke it down like that i see your point and yes you are right.i just didnt understand the way you explained it the first time.good shit bro
Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 AM
The Hoff

Maybe for an automatic... OP's price is a little high but if the car's well sorted (which it seems to be w/ newer cooling system and the suspension completely gone through... body/interior look good in the pics) I'd say it should pull somewhere in the high 8's to low 9's.

GLWS OP.

2009 Ford Escape - Stock Toy Hauler/DD

2007 Lexus RX350 - Stock Wife Hauler

2009 Kosmic - The Toy - 125cc Vortex Super Rok TAG, (For Sale - $2800)

2007 Intrepid Silverstone - The Faster Toy - CR125 6-Speed