I'm thinking of getting a bike...

Old 11-18-2009, 06:17 PM
back in a 4g63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm thinking of getting a bike...

So.... I work with a couple guys that have bikes, and I go to school with a couple guys who have bikes. needless to say, I'm getting majorly hooked on the idea of getting one. I've been thinking about it for about a month or so, and I get more excited about it everyday. I still owe money on my Evo, but I was thinking of selling it for a few grand more than I owe, get a cheap truck or something with that, and then take a loan out for a bike or something. I figure a bike payment and insurance on the truck and bike would all be cheaper than what i pay now for the evo and insurance ($700 a month).

I'm not really into stunting or anything too crazy, I just want something different. I've always had fun on quads and dirtbikes. I've been looking at cbr600rr's. They seem like a decently put together bike. One guy was telling me to make sure I get at least a 2005 or newer, because the forks are made stronger, or something like that. What do you think?

Anyone interested in trading a bike and cash for an 06 Evo?

"All I can tell you is... the gun had an owner, something happened, and suddenly the gun didnt have an owner anymore."
Old 11-18-2009, 08:19 PM

I have a 600rr and love it, the 03 and up is fine, yes the forks change on an 05 but you would not know the difference because you have never riden before. Later down the road you can slap the 05 forks on it mad cheap and easy.

im grown but yea bitch i got batman bedsheets
Old 11-19-2009, 05:38 AM
teh clit wiggler

i think you should keep your evo instead
Old 11-19-2009, 07:40 AM
International

I agree with Joe. If you get rid of the car you will always regret it. I would pay the car off first then look into getting a bike.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:22 AM
they call me baby Jesus

Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
I agree with Joe. If you get rid of the car you will always regret it. I would pay the car off first then look into getting a bike.
+1 dont just jump into the bike scene because other people are. this whole area we live in sucks for fucking riding, and you're going to almost get hit probably every ride you take around these parts. everyone always says im not going to stunt im not going to speed or be a jackass when i jump on a bike. some live by their word but most dont and they'll try the stupid shit. its a phase and you might grow out of it, might not. dont go on what people say about bikes to make your decision on what bike to buy. before you buy a bike go to the shops sit on every bike and see which one fits you best (all bikes seat differently) you'll know which one feels the best as soon as you sit on it. during that seating process though dont get all hyped up that the 1st one you sit on you buy. also make sure you have the motorcycle endorsment before you buy the bike. i agree with the above post on paying off the car 1st then getting a bike. an evo is a great car and unless you still owe a shit load on it i say pay it off so you pretty much have 2 toys.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:54 AM

Keep the evo, save up and buy a bike with a large down payment or cash.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:39 AM

Don't get a bike. You'd kill yourself. There are very few fun, safe places to ride, and the traffic is getting worse by the day. It sounds like a good idea at first, but it's really not worth the few times you can actually enjoy the riding aspect itself. If you're already accustomed to speed in an Evo, and you're bored of going fast in a car, you would kill yourself in an instant on a bike. Just save yourself the money, and the trouble. Save us a rider down thread.

Since you just ignored everything I said above, read on... If you're getting a bike, do it the right way. Get your license (by taking a safety course), get the proper gear (and know that you're going to wear it), and THEN get your bike (not a 1000cc rocket). Ride with smart people, and be smart. There are tons of threads and stickies about these things, and you MUST read up before you buy a bike.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:40 AM

and dont be a bitch, go str8 for the liter bike. Its cheaper for the healthcare system if you just die, rather than cling to life in the ICU for a few days racking up a 6 figure hospital bill your parents will never be able to pay.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:35 PM
back in a 4g63

EDIT: wow this is a long post, cliff notes in NEXT post

Originally Posted by SayWhaa?
+1 dont just jump into the bike scene because other people are. this whole area we live in sucks for fucking riding, and you're going to almost get hit probably every ride you take around these parts. everyone always says im not going to stunt im not going to speed or be a jackass when i jump on a bike. some live by their word but most dont and they'll try the stupid shit. its a phase and you might grow out of it, might not..
Well it's something I've been thinking about here and there for the last 4-5 years. I had originally planned to get one when I first moved down here. I've always like and appreciated them, just never got around to actually getting one. Now it just so happens I'm around a lot of people who are basically giving me a fresh interest in bikes again.

As for being safe, I would totally respect a bike. I don't make a whole crap-load of money, so I've learned to drive very carefully, such as making sure I don't hit pot holes, keeping an eye on the right side of the road to make sure nobody is turning in front of me, making sure at least the first 2 lanes are clear before i turn onto a road, and especially going the speed limit. I've realized that when you work hard and have to pay for something yourself, and getting in a wreck is going to seriously set you back, its extremely important to protect yourself and your investment. I know I'd be excited as hell to actually get one. I was excited as hell to get my Evo, but I didn't go tearing it up. I do get on it here and there, but never anything rediculous. I'm a big fan of the "look twice save a life" bumper sticker, and I hate seeing bikers blowing past me at 120mph and at the same time they bitch and whine about people not "driving safely".

Originally Posted by SayWhaa?
i agree with the above post on paying off the car 1st then getting a bike. an evo is a great car and unless you still owe a shit load on it i say pay it off so you pretty much have 2 toys.
I owe $15k on the evo, and I'm tired of paying for it. It's a great car though. I just dont want the hassle.

Originally Posted by JoeHoR1
Don't get a bike. You'd kill yourself. There are very few fun, safe places to ride, and the traffic is getting worse by the day. It sounds like a good idea at first, but it's really not worth the few times you can actually enjoy the riding aspect itself. If you're already accustomed to speed in an Evo, and you're bored of going fast in a car, you would kill yourself in an instant on a bike. Just save yourself the money, and the trouble. Save us a rider down thread..
There are plenty of people, even smart people, who ride their bike regularly. 2 of the guys at work drive theirs almost every day. Watching out for traffic would definitely be my number 1 priority, as I well know that most florida drivers are unusually stupid. As for speeding, I'm not looking to go faster. I'm not bored of speed or handling or anything, and I'm not out to find the next big adrenaline rush.

Originally Posted by JoeHoR1
Since you just ignored everything I said above, read on... If you're getting a bike, do it the right way. Get your license (by taking a safety course), get the proper gear (and know that you're going to wear it), and THEN get your bike (not a 1000cc rocket). Ride with smart people, and be smart. There are tons of threads and stickies about these things, and you MUST read up before you buy a bike.
And I'm definitely not ignoring what you say. I'm taking in everything and considering it. Why would I post about it if I don't care what you say? I would take the course first and get used to riding, and get the license. I would definitely DEFINITELY get a helmet, jacket, and decent pair of boots and ALWAYS ride with them. I'm not easily provoked to do stunts or anything stupid, but I would definitely ride with smart people. I'm almost 25. I know I'm not invincible, and I know mistakes happen. I'm just looking for something a bit different. There wouldn't be ANY "rider down/killed" threads regarding me.

"All I can tell you is... the gun had an owner, something happened, and suddenly the gun didnt have an owner anymore."
Old 11-19-2009, 12:37 PM
back in a 4g63

Something I've always been interested in
I'm old enough to respect a bike, and other traffic
Not looking for speed
Not looking for an adrenaline rush
Definitely getting license, then gear INCLUDING helmet, then bike