The Projects Watch out in this hood ! Current And Past Ford Project Topics Only.

Back to my old ways

Old 10-28-2010, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are no 'factory' sun roof fox body mustangs. They were all dealer or aftermarket installed. They had a tendency to leak after a few years because of the way the chassis flex on the hatch cars. Coupes didnt seem to have that problem.

Be sure to take progress pics. I like reading and watching other's projects progress.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"
Old 11-05-2010, 06:41 PM
E & I Certified

Originally Posted by Hurstmeister
There are no 'factory' sun roof fox body mustangs. They were all dealer or aftermarket installed. They had a tendency to leak after a few years because of the way the chassis flex on the hatch cars. Coupes didnt seem to have that problem.

Be sure to take progress pics. I like reading and watching other's projects progress.

Hurst
Dealer installed, yep. I just consider that to be Factory equipped. : )

I have pics but they are on my old laptop that I need to extract them from... Whenever I get 2 weeks to accomplish that
Old 11-19-2010, 07:34 PM
E & I Certified

Day I brought it home.. make that "night"

Got to spend a little time on it tonight. As more Time goes by, I am getting a lot better at deciding where I am completely going with this car.. I don't get to work on it much , but someday I will be able too. Did this tonight.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:57 PM

nice work. you have my twin

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/c...lots-pics.html
Old 11-21-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Hurstmeister

Hurst

No "factory" sunroof cars ever? I thought it was a factory option called flip open air roof or something only available on the hatch cars.

I never purchased a fox mustang new. I was always under the impression it was an available option.
Can anyone else confirm?

“My advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard".
Old 11-23-2010, 11:14 AM
E & I Certified

"Skymate sunroofs were manufactured in Europe. They have been discontinued. Service parts are in short supply. Measure your sunroof OUTER frame to verify which model you have."

This is whats in there...

I might just forget about doing a full restore on this chassis, but build up a nice driveline, suspension and braking setup.. then source out a cherry low mileage untouched hatch and put my winning combo into it.

use this as my test platform to perfect a setup I am happy with.

Last edited by 1BADP71; 11-25-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:06 PM
E & I Certified

here is the parts car.. 89 GT .. I drove it home and for a few months after I got it... Just been pecking away at it.. trying to get what I want and get it out of my driveway honestly.

Picked up some 4-eyed parts, going to swap into that. Love the look, don't want to buy a new chassis.. It will have roll up windows, and eventually the roof off my 89, with the proper sunroof. Going carb'd 302 for a while. Eventually a worked 351 someday. It has a 5 lug setup, drum in the back, but I have a lincoln / Saleen disc 5 lug to go in the rear after I build it how I want too.

So I am making slow progress, with a lot of help from Greg "StangitMan".

Old 03-20-2011, 10:21 AM
E & I Certified

Did some more work yesterday and today.

Mike (solsi2000) stopped by to help out and this is why we didn't get much done...rollin down teh driveway is better than the strawberry fest rides! Thanks for the help Mike!

we found this in the parking lot at LKQ... its the only thing they had there of interest.. The only mustang we found that morning was in a scrap yard, on top of a pile. A perfect 85 GT going to get crushed, they wouldn't sell it .. Some guy tried to sell us a 91 GT with a caved in roof and standard "6 speed" for 3500

Then this happened.. K member bolts are tough !

we had to stop there , because I had a BBQ to go to , so I finished up today.. it looked a little something like this.. I wonder why my HOA hates me..

couple more teasers of the car coming together.. just the way I want it, one of a kind.

Last edited by 1BADP71; 03-20-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:11 PM

i like the 4 eyed front end looks way better should look good when done
Old 03-21-2011, 04:32 PM
E & I Certified

Originally Posted by Pshull727
i like the 4 eyed front end looks way better should look good when done
Thanks !

Next step is to pull the rear end and gas tank from the donor... separate the engine and trans, degrease the hell out of it all and get a new gasket set for the engine.

put the brakes and k member in, then the engine / trans.. that should get me driving, then I can work on the interior. ..

That's the plan , but its always changing so.. one day at a time with it, no rush.