Here is my first Honda build|FLAME ON!

Old 05-13-2013, 01:06 PM
BoostedB15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here is my first Honda build|FLAME ON!

I know. I am not from Tampa, nor Florida to be exact. However it is not far and once this car is running reliably, I will be trying to attend some of the major meets down in the area. Why? Because I LOVE that area of Florida. I want to make it to a Simply Clean meet, if they still exists.

ALL UPDATES WILL BE IN THE FIRST POST. THIS IS MY LITTLE BLOG SINCE I AM KEEPING THIS WRONG WHEEL DRIVE THINGAMABOB

Mods-

Exterior:
Spoon style spoiler
Ebay OEM front lip

Interior:
New OEM carpet
NRG quick release
NRG Hub
Nardi 360mm Classic
Sparco Harness bar
Corbeau cam lock harnesses
Bride Rep seats
S2000 Push start

Sound:
Sony CDX-GT660UP
Ininiti Kappas
Civic Type R Navigation unit

Engine management:
USDM P30 ECU
Hondata S300
Innovate MTX-L AFR gauge

Suspension:
D2 Coilovers
PIC bushings
GSR rear disc brakes (not installed yet)

Engine:
B16A2
PLM T/A header
Injen short ram
HKS Hi Power cat-back
Megan racing resonator
Spoon Tension wires
Moroso Oil pan
Blox TPS sensor

2013 Plans:
B18C1 Bottom End
P30 Pistons
Clean up the engine bay
Ported and polished B16 head
Supertech valvetrain

ALL MODS WILL BE LISTED BELOW UPON UPDATING THE THREAD.

There is a lot more in the works and I have a few more parts that arent shown yet. I am currently working on the engine and engine bay in the mean time. I am going with an all OEM Honda bottom end.

Here is Day1.

Many months later:
I enjoyed how low it was, but I hated the stance. So after trading the wheels, I raised the car up a few inches and bought a cat back exhaust in the process. The HKS Hi-Power was really hard to find and it sounds great so far. Not too ricey like the Skunk2.

After months of title issues, I finally got the car under my name. The car isn't driven all that much if any. I will take it out on the weekends but as of now, she sits at home. After I splurged more than usual on family for Christmas, I bought a Seibon carbon fiber OEM hood. There was a dimple on the original hood and was bugging me. I also purchased a front lip (EBAY) and Spoon style spoiler and installed them a few weeks ago.

Yes I know. I am a pure ricer. I have yet to really touch the engine and suspension. I just bought a load of interior parts such as Bucket seats, harnesses, harness bar, Nardi wheel, NRG hub, NRG quick release. I am going to take my friend's advice and drive it and change what I feel is needed.
I am pretty sure I will need to rebuild the engine within a year or so. It is smoking when I get on the throttle. I am hoping the new test pipe and the second oxygen sensor installed willhelp the issue. Last guy used and OBD2 harness with only 1 O2 sensor. The new pipe will have an O2 bung so that I may use 2. I am debating on going with a high quality LS-Vtech or keep the B16. I believe the K series is too mainstream and I want to stay away from it. It is a FANTASTIC engine but everyone is going K-series.

I have also purchased a PIC master bearing set. I know I want to go with an ASR 24mm rear swear bar, but as for as the rest of the suspension, I am a tad ignorant in this area. I have a good idea as to what I want but I want to heavily track the car and go from there if possible. I did purchase a rear disc brake set from a user on Honda-Tech, so I am hoping that will help a little.

Here is where I am at now. As many of you already know.

I make very good money for my age. However, I have a crap load of bills thanks to an ex. So money is somewhat tight. I am trying to build up my savings (FINALLY) and keep my account at a specific number. So after a few months, I should be able to save a little more and continue to modify the car in the right direction.

26 Feb 12.
Well most of my recent purchase have arrived and the rest will be here early this week. The next few days I will be prepping the car for the installation of the new components. A lot of cleaning is needing to be done! Will be removing those horrid speaker wires.

03 Mar 12
(Still waiting on Sparco for some hardware. Also my Nardi wheel should be in soon. The Corbeau harnesses will be in once the bar is installed.)
After spending 12 hours of fighting a seat, cutting carpet, and raging over hour; I finally made some progress. Here is the result of today's labor.

I KNOW! I NEED TO VACUUM!

8 Mar 12

After work I thought it would be a good time to install my steering wheel and hub. Tis a real Nardi ordered from WekSos.

11 Mar 12

I completed the interior and replaced the HKS test pipe with a Megan racing resonator with a new OBX O2 sensor. I have an engine scanner on the way to help me figure what all is causing my CEL to be on. I have also ordered 2 new Timken front wheel bearings and should be doing the rear disc brake conversion next weekend when the Prop valve arrives. I am going to use integra E-brake cables and just cut the rubber grommet. I have some Proseal that I am going to use to cover some unwanted holes to reduce windnoise. Anyone in the Aviation industry can tell you how nasty proseal smells when its not mixed together. Think of rotten eggs.

24 Mar 12

Finally finished repainting the valve cover. After that, I drilled some holes in the exhaust flange so it will mate up to my resonator. My USDM P30 ECU arrived in the mail along with a Blox TPS sensor, obd2a-obd1 harness, and my final Timken wheel bearing. My Spoon Tension wires are on the way from Japan and my Hasport axles will be in Tuesday.

30 Mar 12

I finished replacing the axles, outer tie rods, and a couple of ball joints. However, my oil pan needs to be replaced due to a drain plug that has torn out the threads and has sheared. I am not going to go through the trouble for a busted and JB welded oil pain. I am going to replace it with a Moroso and new gasket.

11 Apr 12
The car is back on the ground. The Oil pan has been replaced and will begin to replace the fuel pump soon. I have quite a bit arriving in the mail this week so I started prepping for the new parts. Here is a sneak peak of what is to come.

12 APR 12
I was a tad bored today so I did a mach S2K push start install. I have another Emergency button set on the way to replace the current scratched button panel. The Emergency button will be on the right hand side while the defrost relocated in the glove box. I have no heat or A/C so I won't need it really. Not until Winter rolls around.

Here are a few pics of it installed in the USDM center console. The final product will be installed in the 96-98 Civic Type R Navigation Console. I will have to do a little wiring for the console to work the way I want but it will only be a total of 8 wires.

21 Apr 12
Well a few things came up and I had to move the starter button to a different location. About $5-70 later in electrical supplies, I finally have a new Sony headunit, Ek4 Navigation installed, and the starter button in. I may do a few more wiring solutions in order to get more power to the Sony so that I can get a little better sound.
Here are some pics take a while ago.

26 Apr 12
Here is my next area of focus. I have replaced the radio and a couple of speakers in the car so I believe my interior is done for the most part. So I believe the Engine shall receive some attention next. This on may take a year or 2 to complete.

12 May 12
After much work I finally got the Edelbrock performer X intake manifold port matched to the 68mm throttle body. I also installed a new fuel rail while I was at it. I know its pretty much useless as far as adding power is concerned but I had to please the inner ricer inside. I am also in the process of deleting the charcoal canister and its lines. Since I am running an OBD1 ECU, I really don't need or care for it. It is not a daily driver, thus gas mileage does not concern me. I just need to connect the evap lines and it will be done. All that is left is to adjust the ignition timing, due to the replacement of the distributor and add coolant. I am hoping to have a LOT more done next month. Hoping to get a lot of overtime hours in with my new schedule.

30 Jun 12
Theses parts are collecting dust at the moment.

13 Oct 12
I have been a tad busy so money has not been my friend. I have been slowly buying more parts. Here are my last major purchases.

08APR13

Starting a new engine build. Going to use all OEM parts. Going to use a ported and polished PR3 head with a Supertech valve train.

15APR13

Got a new part in the mail and I am working on the super riceyness(?) of my Civic. Starting to make this stereotypical.

25APR13
Some more parts arrived in the mail. About to order a few more things and possibly finish out my AR-15 as well.

01MAY13
New engine mounts came in. The collection of parts is stacking up and its getting closer and closer to assembling everything and having the bay worked on. I may do a little work soon, in the mean time.
<br /><br />

06MAY13
I am trying to get my order finalized for my WPC wrist pins and Honda bearings from Inlinefour. In the mean time, my port matched and polished Intake manifold came in along with the Hondata gasket. It will need a little work in order for it to function with my OBD2 setup.

Here it is pictured with the PR3 P&P head with a Supertech valvetrain.

12MAY13

I got really bored today so I decided to mach setup the head and figure out where all the bolts go from Downstar. I also tact on a Sapporo beer cap on my Vtec Solenoid cover. I will get a cheap black one and do the same but with some compound we use in the Aviation world.

I know I need to touch up a few areas on the head with some paint but that can be done later.

13MAY13

I am still awaiting my bearings so I can have the rotating assembly balanced.In the mean time, I did a mock set up of my engine to get an idea of what it will look like once put together and to figure out where all the hardware goes from Downstar. In other words, I was bored.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:08 PM

good work
TR "Old Skool DA" Member #80
Old 05-29-2013, 03:45 PM

good shit ill keep my eye on this

KINGS OF COMPRESSI0N
Old 08-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Not harsh, just truthful

Damn that motor looks great. What cams/pistons setup?
Old 05-31-2014, 12:31 PM
Has to many projects

Very nice work and great parts!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I went all the way back and looked at your build pics.
I like the way you ran spark plug grounds to the block.-Bob

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/