Honda Double Heart Transplant! From Del Sol to Eg Coupe.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Double Heart Transplant! From Del Sol to Eg Coupe.

Ok Well I just got the donor car home tonite, and will post pictures tomorrow since its way to dark to take them now. Here is my plan, I will start it this weekend but I wont be able to touch it during the following week, so i have this weekend and next weekend to get this done. Here are my plans:

I currently picked up a 1995 black civic EX for basically a steal. It has a JDM D15B in with what I came to find out later has a LSD tranny in it (or at least it has the LSD Stamp on it). The cluster reads 220,xxx, but not sure what the actual milage is on that motor but it has been sitting for quite awhile. The previous owner said the Water pump is bad and it overheated. I did a compression test on it, and its not looking so good. The readings are 30,95,85,50 across the board, and when I added water in it, it looks like the water isn't coming from the water pump, but instead from the water pipe underneath the intake manifold. I will further inspect it in the daylight. Any which way this thing wont start, even when adding a cap full of oil in each cylinder it barely raise the readings at all to 50,115,100,90. So not sure the damage yet until I pull the head. Even so I dont plan on reusing this motor, but the tranny feels and shifts smoothly in the car, and the previous owner said there's nothing wrong with it. The Body has faded paint and is a little dinged up, but good enough to be a daily driver.

I currently drive a 1993 Del sol with a d15b7 that is completely stock down to ice cold a/c and runs absolutely flawless and gets 36 MPG. My plans are to pull the JDM D15B, and swap the D15b7 from the Del Sol to the EG coupe, including a/c. Once I do that swap, I have been currently working on a Vitara/Eagle turbo D16z6 motor that I am building to put in the Del Sol. Heres What I have for the z6:

Head:
Stock Port
Supertech Springs
Supertech Retainers
Zex Comp 59300 Camshaft
AEM Black series Adjustable Cam gear
Cometic High Comp Head Gasket (.001
ARP Head Studs

Fuel:
RC 750cc injectors
Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump
Stock Rail and FPR (for now)

Block:
Std. Eagle Rods
Vitara pistons
ARP Studs/Bolts throughout
Fluidyne Pulley

Turbo kit:
Equal length Mini Ram Turbo Manifold
3 inch Down Pipe with full exhaust
T3/T4 A/R .50/.63 57 trim turbo
Johnny racer intercooler 2.5 inlet/outlet
full 2.5 inch intercooler piping
Greddy Type-S BOV
38mm Wastegate
Oil feed/return lines

Misc:
Competition Clutch Stage 4
Competition Ultra lite Flywheel (9 lbs)
JDM D15B LSD Tranny
AEM UEGO Wide band
AEM True Boost Gauge

I have a Virgin P28, but haven't got the Hondata s300 yet.

After I do the initial swap, I plan on putting this motor together and putting it in the Del Sol. I am Shooting for 300+ WHP, but plan on getting rid of the ebay turbo and going with a turbonetics unit later when income tax comes around. I will have pictures up tomorrow from my DD Del Sol, and the EG coupe I just picked up, as well as my build process. I think my goals are well within reason.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:59 PM

The AC component are different between 92-93 and 94-95. Cross reference the part number if you don't believe me. Majestic Honda is great for looking up part number. Delsol owner myself.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:37 PM

If I am not mistaking, 92-93 is R-12 and 94-95 is R134A.

Future Project
Old 10-05-2011, 01:41 AM

yea, but already converted the r-13 to R134A. So i know mine works fine cause its my DD. The one thats in the coupe, the onwner said it was working but it stopped. but when i got the car it didnt have an A/C belt on it, and the system does have freon in it. so I have my fingers crossed.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:48 AM

The actual size of the lines are a little different. I assumed the AC systems were the same too. And on the evarator box there is a 2/3 wire plug that changes on the years also. Just reference compressor/evaporater part numbers and you'll see.