Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

water/aclhy injection gurus.

Old 07-10-2003, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water/aclhy injection gurus.

i need some info.
on grand nationals and such, the water/aclhy is injected after the turbo, after the air has been compressed and heated. good gains are to be had using the water/achly system.

on a supercharged vehicle roots, centrifugal, will spraying the water/alchy into ambient air before the supercharger still have the same gains?
will the water form into bigger droplets when its compressed ?
my intake temps are at 200+ at high boost levels.
any one with some expereince >
Old 07-10-2003, 10:19 AM
All Vacuum

I run alky/water in my car and i spray it after the turbo, now im not that knowledgeable about supercharges but the same ideas apply, now is a roots the style that sits right on top of the intake correct? Now if this is the case its a pain in the ass to inject water unless you can put a spacer with a nozzle or just tap right into the small plenum you may have under the supercharger. As for injecting before, you can but i dont know what it would do to the supercharger, on turbo cars if you inject before the turbo it will eat up the turbo but the turbo is also spinning way faster then the super charger does.my guess it would be ok as long as you didnt do a large amount. But i would sugest figuring a way for the injection to be done after the charger since you want it to evaporate right away and not have the possiblity of water puddling in the charger if you spray too much before. Hope this helps.

Toys are fun, atleast they dont say NO.

Like to drink buy a drinking tee
http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/mi...s-more-289609/

Old 07-11-2003, 10:22 PM
THE MAN

methenol --------------"you wont"