Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

turbo question

Old 05-25-2003, 02:44 PM
?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo question

If 2 of the same cars were running turbo, one using a t28 and the other using a larger turbo like a t3/t4, and both running the same amount of boost, would they both be as fast at the same boost? or would the bigger turbo prevail? thanks
Old 05-25-2003, 03:17 PM
cinnamon flavored

The car with the bigger turbo would be faster on the topend. Remember if you take 2 different size turbos and run say 18 psi with each one they are still not the same. 18 psi with the small turbo will not be the same as 18 psi with the larger turbo. This is because the two different size turbos flow different amounts of air (cfm's). Now just throwing out random numbers as examples, say the smaller turbo flows 75 cfm's and the larger turbo can flow 110 cfm's. Its greater and harder to compress 110cfm's of air into 18 psi then it is to compress 75 cfm's of air into 18 psi. Basically the larger turbo can flow more air and power then the smaller turbo and the greater amount of air from the larger turbo will be compressed more. Hope I didnt confuse you to much and if anyone reads this and i'm off on something feel free to correct me, I'm very tired since I just got home from being out fishing 100 miles offshore all day.
Old 05-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Old School "Turbo" dude

the larger turbo does not create as much heat to get to 18psi where the small turbo would be heating the air greatly. but the smaller turbo will get to 18psi much faster.

i wish i was out 100 mile off shore fishing, but not with a pole. with a speargun.

Buy a TR email address Here