Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

Ebay Turbos I Find It Funny

Old 11-14-2009, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Turbos I Find It Funny

Soooo In Another Thread, Someone Posted About How Ebay Turbo's Are Glued Together. But Ive Dealt With Hundreds Of Ebay Turbo's Selling Them Etc. And None Have Ever Been Glued Together....

Sooo Anyone Else Have A Response, I Know Plenty Of You Have Dealt With Ebay Turbo's ...so Here's What I Find Funny, After All This Controversy Over Ssac And Xspower, Only PICS OF One Set Of Glued Of A Glued Together Turbo Surfaces. Back When I Was Running My Parts Service I Emailed Ssac About This, There Response Was That They Had Made A Cutaway 2 Half Turbo's, They Displayed At Sema. That Display Was Sold. So The Retard Who Recieved It Epoxied It Back Together, Then It Blew Apart And They Sent In Pics To Pro Street. Then Sent The Turbo Back To Ssac.

FROM MY FINDINGS THE TURBO'S HAVE WEAK BEARINGS SO THEY CANT PUT OUT HIGH PSI BOOST LEVELS BUT LOW BOOST AND THEY PERFORM WELL, BUT IVE NEVER IN MY LIFE RUN INTO A GLUED TOGETHER TURBO

Originally Posted by Lime_Green_Hatch
i carry a gun because so many other losers and wanna be gangsters do.
Originally Posted by JH26
Morty,

The fact that I have red hair and no soul makes me very angry. I just wanted to let you know that when I swear and sling insults at you, its really because deep down inside, I hate myself. Please buy me some hair dye for my birthday.

Last edited by stealthc9; 11-14-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Thread TERRORIST

They aren't glued together. They also don't make much power, don't live very long, and are just generally junk.

Theres a reason good turbos cost good money.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:00 PM

Exactly what i said!

Originally Posted by Lime_Green_Hatch
i carry a gun because so many other losers and wanna be gangsters do.
Originally Posted by JH26
Morty,

The fact that I have red hair and no soul makes me very angry. I just wanted to let you know that when I swear and sling insults at you, its really because deep down inside, I hate myself. Please buy me some hair dye for my birthday.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:23 AM
OH LAWD JESUS ITS A FIRE!

I've seen Ebay turbo's make respectable power, but how long the turbo lasted, is another issue .

-Winston Churchill
Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 AM
yaaa boy fuk wat u heard

Originally Posted by Drama
I've seen Ebay turbo's make respectable power, but how long the turbo lasted, is another issue .
+1
Old 11-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Old school TR member

^ +1 I know people have been rocking out on ebay turbos making awesome power and turbo is still going strong.

Ask alpha
Old 11-23-2009, 01:12 AM

you say that but it depends on your plans.

i had a ebay T04R clone i paid 400 for, spend 250 at evergreen having the comp housing milled out, a 69mm k30 wheel put in its place, cut the shaft down, oversied garret bearings and seals, 360*.

now i have a solid 700 hp turbo for 650... yes... you couldnt get the work at that price but even at 450 for the turbo work i'd still be at 850... what are you going to buy at 850 to match my setup?

now, not all ebay turbos are built the same...
masterpower t70's... those arent worth there weight in scrap. laggy as fuck and make no power. my buddies 1jz tuned by TITAN wit that turbo only made 440 on 22 lbs. spooled.... never

86.5 toyota supra- 1jz never to be finished
01 mitsu eclipse v6 5mt chick car daily
98 honda accord ex- h22 swapped daily driver
Old 11-23-2009, 06:25 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Masterpower turbos are decent quality turbos and will outlast whatever junk you ordered off of EBay. They aren't "EBay" turbos, and are very commonly found on diesels. However they don't make all that much power.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:25 PM

umm? they are definitly ebay turboes and they are definitly junk stock. you might get 10k miles out of them (maybee 100k, doesnt matter)

but i dont consider a turbo that makes 80% of a comparibly sized name brand turbo's horsepower, with more lag, anything but juk.

is it better than having no turbo? absolutly.

86.5 toyota supra- 1jz never to be finished
01 mitsu eclipse v6 5mt chick car daily
98 honda accord ex- h22 swapped daily driver
Old 11-26-2009, 04:01 PM
fastest, on, roads,dammit

okay people dont be upset with ebay. why u someone wanna buy a 200$ turbo knowing there really priced around 700 too 1300 for a name brand and legit one. that will out last a turbo motor. kids will be kids CHEAP let them learn the hard way. i did i got my share of ebay turbos. but now i dont buy shit off ebay. ebay gots some real good stuff u just gotta know what your buying and know u cant buy 600buck of shit and think u got a 10sec dd/ race/ street/car lol kids