Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

Turbod-Superchargedd ZC motor?

Old 11-19-2000, 10:01 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought Id make use of this topic and ask some questions. Im getting ready to do a swap for my 88 CRX si. Im looking at the ZC and b16a options. I like the idea of less $$$ for the ZC but like the idea of more HP for the b16a. Heres my question. For a daily driven car will a ZC with either a turbo setup or JRSC be enough to satisfy a daily driven car. Sure I expect to be somewhat fast but what kind of times am I looking at running 7-9 psi? Anyone know? I know I can spend about the same amount for a FI ZC OR a stock B16a but if I wanted something right now is the ZC worth it? Are those motors any good..with say 35m000 on it? Or even with 60000? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated and would anyone know where I could get a good deal on a ZC? Dont need it installed just need all the necassary parts. Spec-r? John? Give me the dirt

------------------
Honda. Full Treatment.

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 11-20-2000, 08:18 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

They dont make JRSCs for the ZC and they never will. Any turbo setup will have to either be a custom one off or modified. The ZC is not very popular anymore because the B16a is getting dirt cheap. Id suggest you look further into that option.

------------------
John - vapor.trail@gte.net
Those with golf balls golf.
Those with real balls race.

Honda S2000
1988 CRX The Squash - come get some
Wanna know what makes me tick? Click!

Spec R Tuning - Tampas premier DynoJet center & import performance shop
813-910-7235

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 11-20-2000, 09:03 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Wont the GReddy SOHC turbo street kit fit on the ZC motor? And how much are b16as going for? I am thinking about going that route if I can get a good enough deal on the entire setup.

------------------
Honda. Full Treatment.

[This message has been edited by RiceBurner98SC (edited 11-20-2000).]

TR Profile
Myspace Profile