Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

Jackson SC

Old 08-23-2000, 12:08 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that the way to go is N/A or Turbo so before I start Im not asking for people to tell me what I should do. I KNOW what I AM GOING to do but I needed some extra input. I am going to add the JRSC after it is released from Jackson Racing. That is the subject..not turbos no N/A no NOS. Its the JRSC. Ok..beside the fuel pump that comes with it and a better igniton plugs wires and a heavy duty clutch (3 stage?) WHAT ELSE would be needed to make it run better. Not that it shouldnt run good the way it comes but what could make it run better or even get more hp? Bigger injectors? Water Injection Intercooler? Thicker head gasket? OR doesnt the water injection the same as a thicker head gasket to lower compression? Im asking about this for a daily driver not a drag racer..or I would go all motor or turbo. Any suggestions comments?

------------------
Honda. Full Treatment.

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 08-23-2000, 03:38 PM
Olde Skool DSM'r

A better intake and exhaust would help. I heard that a header does not help on the JRSC if you run it on stock boost. A good way to get more HP out of it is to change out the pulley and add the water injection. Then you can advance the timing some to get a little more HP.
Old 08-23-2000, 03:42 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I was also planning on adding a LSD and I already have the Tanabe Racing Medalion Exhaust. I guess water injection is easier/better than thicker head gasket?

------------------
Honda. Full Treatment.

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 08-23-2000, 06:22 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

First off headgasket? Your kidding me... How much PSI do you plan on running on the JRSC? Stock 6psi smaller pulley 8psi. No headgasket needed for 8psi(but would reccomend Water Injection to control temp)

Recommended order(IMHO)
JRSC & Clutch
Intake & Cam Gears
Exhuast
Headers
Ignition
8psi Pulley and water inj
Fuel stuff...

But ask John at Spec-R he could tell you more.
If you plan on running more than 8psi then you need to lower compression etc...

------------------
RiceRocket & The Blue Bullet Eating Fords and Shitting Chevys

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 08-23-2000, 06:55 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I was just saying Thicker head gasket because of the boost levels. I think the JRSC on the preludes come with a 8 1/2 or 9 1/2 pulley and I was told that when running a kit turbo or sc pushing more then 8 psi you should get a thicker head gasket to bring the compression down. But im not a engine guru myself just what a FMAX rep told me. But thanks for the suggestions RR.

------------------
Honda. Full Treatment.

[This message has been edited by RiceBurner98SC (edited 08-23-2000).]

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 08-23-2000, 10:43 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Well first off what engine do you have? or should I say car? Prelude? They are right...kinda. 8psi in SC world isnt the same as 8psi in Turbo land. You still have to compute PSI vs CFM etc...There is a formula I could dig up...but it wouldnt help. I naturally assume you have a civic (who doesnt!)...so do tell! What kind of car do you have?

------------------
RiceRocket & The Blue Bullet Eating Fords and Shitting Chevys

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 08-24-2000, 09:05 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I HAD 98 Civic ex JRSC with a 6psi pulley. Im WORKING on a 00 Prelude along with a ol school 87 Crx si..nothing with the rex just something to get me back and forth until the Lude is done. I just wanted to know the information so I can be ready when the kit is available. I am piecing everything together so I dont have to pinch pennies later when Im ready to put everything on.. I want to have everything I feel I want/need when I get ready to pick up the car. Im am half the way there and the JRSC is last on my list. When I am finihsed gathering everything I plan to get I am going to do a timeline (got idea from my boy Spicaly) which will show when I ordered everything how much I paid when I installed it pictures of everything and so on.

------------------
Honda. Full Treatment.

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 08-24-2000, 09:12 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Oh yeah and another thing...I dont know a whole lot about turbos I just know how they work what you need and how much they cost. I know the load is different because of the point of induction and load put on the engine. I wish I knew a little bit more of about turbos but Ive never owned one so I dont know truly how they work. I just wanted to make sure everything is good when I pick up the JRSC for the Lude. I dont want to have to slap it on then two weeks later have to take it off to add something else to it to make it run better. I just want to skip that point if you know what im saying but if you think that a Water Intercooling system is all Ill need with of course the usual upgrades then ill take your word for it.

------------------
Honda. Full Treatment.

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 08-24-2000, 03:52 PM

You should be able to run 6psi with fuel pump and one heat range colder copper plugs. None of this comes with it. With the water injection you should be able to run near stock timing without any detonation.

------------------
89 240sx - SR20DET - 7psi for now...
00 EBP Civic SI
Old 08-24-2000, 03:59 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Ive already had a 6psi pulley and know what is needed with it..Im stepping up to a 8/15 or 9/15-10 psi pulley and need to know what it needed to be safe.

------------------
Honda. Full Treatment.

TR Profile
Myspace Profile