Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

n2o above the carb?

Old 12-05-2005, 08:34 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default n2o above the carb?

I'm kinda stuck with no place to mount a fogger kit under the carbs. all i can do is aim them down the crabs.

what I'm wondering is what will this do to the signal to the carbs. will it totally mess up the tune. will it run rich or lean.

no clue with to expect but I'm pretty sure its going to change how much fuel the crab dumps into the cyl.

any thoughts?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Livin' Large

I would think that you would end up picking up more fuel though I don't see any reason you couldn't tune accordingly if you're careful. Back in the day we had a toyota corolla with a weber 2 barrel on it that we actually just ran a nitrous solenoid with a T and two 1/8th inch copper lines into the top of the carb on. Never ran lean, though it did pick up over three seconds in the 1/8th mile

Disclaimer for the story above: I don't recommend ANYONE does this on ANYTHING they can't afford to BLOW UP. This was basically a community car that had next to no money invested in it and a group of friends just wanted to see what we could do with it. I have seen a similar setup burn a valve in the time it took to wind out second gear. This was foolish and I only used this story to support my point, not as a suggestion..

Watch, someone will still do it
Old 12-09-2005, 04:48 AM
Livin' Large

Dave, you know about the Yota, or at least know a responsible party, ask Chris Leko about it the next time you talk to him. Just say, "Bill told me to ask you about the Yota" Five minutes later when he quits laughing he'll tell you some great stories
Old 12-09-2005, 05:33 AM
is doing your girlfriend

NOS sells a system to spray a wet shot on top of the carb. it is called the Top SHot system.

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it
Old 12-09-2005, 03:52 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

well damn...

just runing a little ritch is what i was thinking too.. but everyone talked me out of it and i pulled everything apart and found places for the foggers under the carbs. even thou it was a pain in the ass i guess it well be better in the long run.

i had no idea nos sold a kit.... sweet