Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

wtf downpipe flange

Old 09-06-2004, 06:34 AM
gadget man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf downpipe flange

ok I tried a test fit for my turbo today to make sure the mani and downpipe fit right....... the mani fits fine..... the down pipe is great.....the god damn flange for the downpipe is to fing small.

I have a garrett t3/t40E .48 hot .60 cold and the flang is too small.

this is the 5 bolt flange that is used to block off the internal wastegate hole when using an external gate.

the flange fits perfect on my pos garrett t3 .48hot .42cold

what get me is both are .48hot but one is smaller than the other. also if the t3/t4 is a hybrid what is the hybrid part? the damn housing clamps from a t3 wont fit on either the compressor or turbine housing, now the downpipe flange is bigger than a t3. what part of a t3/t4 is actual the same as a t3 besides the name t3?

what I need to know is what do I need to get? and where? does anyone here have a flange I could buy. thanks
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001

Old 09-06-2004, 09:48 PM
S130 love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The T4 part of the turbo is the compressor and housing. The exhaust side of the turbo is a T3 yet it is a stage 3 wheel at the minimum which is a little different than your stock T3 housing you are comparing the flange to. Call my friend Chris @ his shop (727) 726-5956. <-- Very good machinest and can make you whatever you need. Leave a message so he can return your call if he does not answer. You can tell him Anthony sent you =-)