Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

DIY Wide Band O2

Old 02-22-2004, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Wide Band O2

Has anyone else here bought or assembled a Tech Edge WBO2?

http://www.wbo2.com/2a0/2a0info.htm

After looking around for different WBO2 and data aquisition products it appears that this will do nearly everything I need to do besides monitor speed. It looks like a small PC and a flat screen monitor or laptop will be part of the car mods.

Even if you don't have a Tech Edge what are some of you guys using for a wide band o2 meter?
Old 02-22-2004, 03:29 PM

I have known about the innovative for a few months now. From what I can tell from the tech specs and display options it appears that the innovative system is based on the same components as Tech Edge which appears to be the sales arm of DIY-WB.Org.

Being the tinkerer that I am and the fact it can save me over $200 bucks I am getting the Tech Edge.

All I need now is several thermocouples and a PC solution and I should be in good shape as far as instrumentation goes. For the cost of only one tuning session on a dyno it should be well worth it.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:19 PM
i stepped on my weiner!

the new one from AEM, appears to be a nice littel unit as a gauge and as in band for all contained in one littel gauge with the o2 sensor( a bosch) is only 400$$$ not too bad but i dont know anyone who has used one yet

10.02@149.5 Bullseye Power Turbos
Top Dead Center Performance
Mobile Alabama 251 661 6067
owner/operator
www.tdcperformance.net
Old 02-23-2004, 05:48 AM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

I bought a tech edge display for my wideband. Only to find out it wont work for AEM. I emailed them in Austrailia and they said they would make it work. Now they wont return my e-mails and i'm out $117.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:05 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

That innovative unit looks good. How much do they want for it? Also, stupid question, what do you use to get an rpm input it can use? Between my datalogger, a wideband unit, and the upcoming DSM rom tuning GUI, I should be set to be able to tune my car for optimal fuel delivery, timing, boost pressure, and a/f ratio, anytime, anywhere.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:25 PM

Originally posted by Vapor
Have used the tech edge and found it to be much slower than others available.
Do you know which sensor was being used?

I have read that the downside of the cheapest bosch wbo2 sensor is that it reacts slower than the more expensive units.