Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

N2O on my Integra....

Old 12-12-2003, 06:38 AM
Living the dream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N2O on my Integra....

Hey everyone, I am comteplating putting nitrous on my car, and have a few questions.
Here's my current (internal)engine setup:
103k Miles
ITR(USDM)Pistons
ITR cams
*There are all the bolt-on's, etc. but these wouldn't be a factor in nitrous, would they?*

1)Would a 50-75 shot be safe on my car?
2)Should I go with a wet or dry kit, what are the advantages/disadvantages of either?
3)Who is most reputable in the nitrous bus.?

I'm just looking for a little more juice every once in a while, I've just ordered coilovers, as I'm going to get into corner-carving, but would still like to mess around going fast!

Thanks in advance!
MAtt
Old 12-12-2003, 06:46 AM
Professional Asshole

wet shots are by far safer to run than dry, and u can run more of a shot than a dry one with out messing things up. The most IMPORTANT THING is to have enough fuel, u go lean and u will blow ur motor. u can run a 50-75 shot safely. just don't be an idiot w/ it and spray every 2 mins.

Aim and Yahoo- Inkedupordie

Old 12-12-2003, 10:20 AM
Living the dream

yeah I've got prelude injectors, which are bigger, they jut aren't installed, and a V-AFC
Old 12-12-2003, 12:21 PM
Livin' Large

As long as you have enough fuel/not too much timing, you should be fine. Just don't get caught up in the "want to go faster, put in bigger pills" thing that most people new to it do, that's how you start breaking shit.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:25 PM
Livin' Large

Oh, and there is alot of good kits out there, I prefer NOS solenoids, though there are others that are good, just stay away from NitrousWorks solenoids, they suck. I have the same NOS cheater solenoids in my car now that I bought used 7 years ago, I've never had a problem with them and they have probably been in 5 different cars
Old 12-12-2003, 12:56 PM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

ZEX is another good one.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Retired Ricer...

I personally like the Venom kits... They are a wet kit, and are very safe on Hondas.... They tap into your TPS to be sure they only open at WOT, and they also tap into your o2, so if your AF mixture leans out it cuts off to prevent hurting your motor.... they are really nice kits and in my opinion are the safest computerized kits on the market.....

www.facebook.com/chris.storck1
Project WHIPLASH has begun!!!
RacingIntegration.com (813)935-6720
InductionPerformance.com
NS Racing (813)842-5517
Old 12-14-2003, 09:13 AM

Lots of people swear by NX. They make awesome products. NOS cheaters solenoids are beefy too, but they're powershot (the regular ones that you usually get) are puny. But I've recommend the NX kit.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:12 AM
-?-

Also thinking about getting a nitrous setup and have been doing some research. Quick question though, why do you guys suggest a wet kit over dry for small applications such as this? Can't remember the forum but a person was talking about how with the wet kit it runs the risk of forming a puddle in the ... manifold?

Don't remember exactly what he said. Of course, might of been only pertaining to my car (s13 240) so if you would please let me know. As it stands currently I was thinking of getting the Sportsman Fogger by NOS as I've heard very good results with it and my car.

I like the idea of having it caught off with the AF mixture though, haven't seen that on any of the kits I've looked at thus far. Going to go check out Venom now.

Thanks.

Last edited by karttoon on 13-32-2009 at 25:64 PM
Old 12-16-2003, 07:51 AM
Slow Is Good

I have had experience with 3 different kits in 3 different cars. I would recommend zex wet over both the NOS and Nitous works kits. I have only had one problem and it was what someone said earlier. I was being dumb and sprayed at a very low rpm in 4th gear and in puddled in my intake manifold and I had a nitrous backfire. Scared the crap out of me but I got lucky and it only blew the filter off the intake.
-99 JDM ITR DB8 (4dr whore) sold
-98 Acura Integra GS (Go Slow) sold
-04 Ford Ranger Ext Cab Step side (traded)
-03 Kawasaki KFX400 (sold)
-05 Kawasaki KFX400 (sold)
-02 GSXR 750 (sold)
-04 Triumph Daytona 600 (sold)