Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

Profec E01 & E-Manage Review

Old 09-09-2003, 07:48 AM
Honda Tech/ Local AssHole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profec E01 & E-Manage Review

Well FINALLY we found time to finish the install of most of the components of the system and this is what I think and see so far !!

Ok While evan was Tieing up the loose ends on te engine i was installing the Profec E01 and Emanage Systems !
Oh FYI Edelbrock Victor X Mannifolds SUCK they do not fit a GSR head for crap and WILL NOT mate with RC injectors and AEM equipment you have to use all Edelbrock CRAP we found out the hard way !!!

Ok back to the electronics, The ease of install for the Profec System was very simple if your mechanicly enclined. I spent about 3 hours Installing, Greddy EGT Gauge, Greddy Fuel Pressure gauge, Tachometer, and Profec E01 and Emanage systems. The Most difficult part of te Emanage is finding Which Wires you need in the harness, for instance the optional ignition harnes incorporats 12 wires 6 in and 6 out well Hondas only use 2 wires out of the entire Harness !! finding them is a pain and Making the connector match is just as difficut. As for teh INjector harness out of 10 wires you only use 5 1-4 injectors and 5 ground !

Now that thats all done, Installing them into the ECM Simple ifyou can read schematics. I didnt really hae any trouble locating and installing the 3 main harness's with greddys enrish instructions it mae it a lil easier. The only down side i see to the system is the Harness's are like 2 feet long it clutters your floor board area with alot of useles wire. Other than that it went in without a Hitch.

The Profec systm WAS BY FAR THE EASIEST boost controller ive ever installed !! It was like 6 wires !! Tach signal which was jumped off the Emanage for REV PEak and hold varaiations, the power ground and OPTION wire. I like Gredys intergration of the OPTION wire because you can add any 12-14V Siren LED or combination from like radio shack so when you set you Warning indicators It will ilujinate and sound the siren as well as display it on the LCD screen all TFAF Style !!!Running the Actuator Stepper Valve as simple as wel the only problem you run into with installing these extra sensors is WHICH SYSTEM it goes to ! The Emanage and Profec have SEPERATE boost sensors !! and crossing them will fry the system !! The profec INternal system is very nice easy to undrstand and looks kinda complecated for setting up except for the BASIC stuff, You just seleect cyl # REVS and TPS type and after that it sets itself up !! no need to tune it off the bat because it uses yorustock ECM settings as a base point ! It downloads the info right when you turn the ignition on .

The only real DOWN SIDE i see to the system is their intergration an communication with eachother. ie Tuning and setup
Fromwhat i can see the Profec CAN setup the Emnage as an ON THE FLY SYSTEM it doesnt have your 16X16 AF mapping or your ignition tiiming in the profec setup. You have to Disconnect theemanage and Profec systems from one another and tune the emenage with the support tool VIA laptop computer which is fine and then after you tune it how you want it then must re attach the profec system and goto a system upload and restore to transfer the new data rom the emanage to the Profec system and then recalibrate the Profec Boost and parameters to match !! It sounds difficult But from the looks of it its kinda a self runnig setup ! The neat thing about it is you can remove the memory stick from the Profec and istall it into your comp while your tuning the emanage and its lie having the profec hooked up so it stores the info as you go IF YOUR COMP has that memory stik feature.

For closing Im gonnasay for a pigy back system im very pleased ! It has more functions than i thought it would and the ease of install was sorta simple ad had its difficult points as well. Is kinda overboard In a senece that if you get all this extra crap why not a Standalone system, and heres my answer to that stand alones dont have base mapping from a stock ECM andwe all knwo the Stoc ecm is the best running system we have to use and I like the fact that when im not running balls to the walls it wil use a stock mapping system to keep everthing calm and easyto drive but at the push of a button all hel breaks loose and a standalone doesnt have that sorta feature. Im pleased with the system so far and I hope John will find it as amusing as i did ! when he tunes it !!!
Old 09-09-2003, 07:52 AM

pictures coming soon !! talk about a cockpit Ive never seen so many glowing gagues since i was in the army !! Its kinda TFATF looking just the way evan likes it !!
Old 09-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

I have a GSR with JG manifold,RC injectors and AEM fuel rail.I had no problems.Did you possibly get a B16 manifold?I have had mine for a year it says JG EDLBRACH.Did they chance designs?
Old 09-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

I have a GSR with JG manifold,RC injectors and AEM fuel rail.I had no problems.Did you possibly get a B16 manifold?I have had mine for a year it says JG EDLBRACH.Did they chance designs?
Old 09-09-2003, 07:43 PM

Well I am not sure. The manifold has all the holes for the stock stuff, but it doesn't have the clearance for the after AEM fule pressure regulator. I don't know what they did, but it did not have enough roon for it, you might have the room if you use the stock FPR but with what I am doing I don't think that the stock FPR will be sufficient. Anyways I am going to get with my sales guy and get it straightened out.

Roadtoad
Old 09-10-2003, 07:01 AM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

If the AEM fuel pressure reg is hitting the strut bar then you have to take it apart and turn it so the vacum line does not snap off.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:33 AM

Well we'll see how good this system works and if not then evan has a nice Looking cockpit !!! I think it will turn out nicely !! with some tweaking !!! And the mannifold doesnt fit any of our equipment ie. INjectors Fuel rail or FPR. I dunno why it just doesnt !! and evan ordered it with duel rails that might have something to do with it !! I dunno STR is what he shoulda bought !!
Old 09-10-2003, 12:04 PM

I think hes contact at Nopi is gonna staright swap him for the STR evan has mad connectiosn everywhere !! Freaking Nopi calls him and BS's with him his parts guy anyways ! The Honda dealer in orlando love him as much shit that hes bought !!