Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

iPhone Photo Shoot

Old 07-10-2010, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone Photo Shoot

The iPhone Fashion Shoot - Lee Morris Shoots With The 3GS Fstoppers on Vimeo

Okay, the idea here is that the dude from FStoppers is tired of hearing people complain about not having good enough equipment, so he goes about the process of doing an entire fashion shoot with an iPhone.

He does indeed do the shoot with an iPhone and the pictures are pretty amazing, but what he fails to mention is the fact that, between the pro-retouching, lighting, and studio he's shooting in, he's still got at least $5000-7000 in this shoot. For me, that negates the whole point he was trying to make.

Still an interesting video though.

Web | Blog | Flickr

Last edited by The Chimichunga; 07-10-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Drinker of the Dew

Yea but then there is the argument that you can make all of the light modifiers he was using out of cheap materials.

But I'm with you, if he wanted to show what could be done with cheap equipment he should have broke out the scissors and tape and made some cardboard softboxes, set up a bed sheet backdrop, and then did the retouching himself with a free image editing program like Gimp or Paint.NET

"Thirty-six satisfactory exposures on a roll means a
photographer is not trying anything new." - Freeman Patterson

Old 07-11-2010, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by The Chimichunga
The iPhone Fashion Shoot - Lee Morris Shoots With The 3GS Fstoppers on Vimeo

Okay, the idea here is that the dude from FStoppers is tired of hearing people complain about not having good enough equipment, so he goes about the process of doing an entire fashion shoot with an iPhone.

He does indeed do the shoot with an iPhone and the pictures are pretty amazing, but what he fails to mention is the fact that, between the pro-retouching, lighting, and studio he's shooting in, he's still got at least $5000-7000 in this shoot. For me, that negates the whole point he was trying to make.

Still an interesting video though.
????? fails to mention? Negates the whole point hes trying to make????? this was about what camera the pics came out of. not the equipment or editing or make-up or what ever. he wasnt hiding any of the equipment, he explained EVERY peice he had in the shoot. ITS ABOUT THE PICS THAT CAME OUT OF A PHONE. with good equipment (that can be replicated for the low) he seems successful in photography, take some pointers for once and stop hatin, pay attention.for me...his point was made.
good find tho, thanks
Old 07-11-2010, 07:01 AM
I'm a Photographer!

Read his response:

http://fstoppers.com/lee-morris-resp...fashion-shoot/

Originally Posted by Petitt
Please take a look at our Photography section with your friend, and take some notes.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Drinker of the Dew

And thats that haha

"Thirty-six satisfactory exposures on a roll means a
photographer is not trying anything new." - Freeman Patterson

Old 07-11-2010, 09:09 AM

"Wow those are some awesome pictures!! You must have a really nice camera!!"

Old 07-11-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by hondaboy24
????? fails to mention? Negates the whole point hes trying to make????? this was about what camera the pics came out of. not the equipment or editing or make-up or what ever. he wasnt hiding any of the equipment, he explained EVERY peice he had in the shoot. ITS ABOUT THE PICS THAT CAME OUT OF A PHONE. with good equipment (that can be replicated for the low) he seems successful in photography, take some pointers for once and stop hatin, pay attention.for me...his point was made.
good find tho, thanks
Not even worth responding to you because you obviously don't get what I'm trying to say.

But the people who made those "Nice camera!" comments are retards. If you look at the fullsize, you can TOOOOOTALLY tell they're from a shit camera. They're fuzzy and have super high ISO noise.

The pictures were amazing and this dude knows what he's doing. I watched this video more for learning how to light people and stuff.

Web | Blog | Flickr

Last edited by The Chimichunga; 07-11-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Post Deleting Expert.

There's nothing he can say to negate the fact that he used a cheap camera and a boatload of lighting equipment and professionals. Saying that you can do this cheap is not good enough, the video should prove that point by doing it cheap.

Photos are good, but the video doesn't prove anything IMO.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by .:Chris:.
There's nothing he can say to negate the fact that he used a cheap camera and a boatload of lighting equipment and professionals. Saying that you can do this cheap is not good enough, the video should prove that point by doing it cheap.

Photos are good, but the video doesn't prove anything IMO.
Thank you.

I do love the Olympus reference at the beginning lol.

Also:

This picture is absolutely phenomenal. I love the lighting behind the model. But you can clearly see, with how noisy it is in the lights, that this is not a professional camera, but a professional WITH a camera.

Web | Blog | Flickr

Last edited by The Chimichunga; 07-11-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Post Deleting Expert.

Yeah, infact it's two professionals. Good photographer is nothing with a lousy subject IMO. Good photographer only goes so far in some respects.