Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

Rules of Composition

Old 04-09-2010, 09:38 AM
slash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good info!
TRick Squad Member #3
VicPrez of IttyBittyTittyCommittee

Old 04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
September - Ride of the Month

If we would all follow "rules" no one would really stand out from the next person.
I've had this discussion with other members in sign forums regarding wraps and applying these sign "rules" developed 100 years ago.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Post Deleting Expert.

TOS, everyone starts somewhere and it helps to have something to build on. Anyone can use these as rules, it's the people who use build on these guidelines and move onwards and upwards that set themselves apart IMO.

I don't think it makes sense to scrap these rules, you just have to learn to build on them.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:05 PM
September - Ride of the Month

thats a good point.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by TampasOriginalSoarer
thats a good point.
Right, if you take a look back at the original post, at the end in bright green, underlined bolded and italics words, it says that these arent rules so much as guidelines.

I firmly believe that when it comes to art, there really are no rules. That being said, the human eye will naturally react favorably (or negatively) to certain color combinations, patterns, etc etc, and thats what these "rules" are meant to teach you.

Web | Blog | Flickr
Old 04-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Digital Rican!!!

Originally Posted by Michael.
I wanna make a program built into the cameras to select which grid would work best when you look in the viewfinder. Or make a smart program built INTO th camera, and it automatically selects which rule works best for whatever you are pointed at lol

And if it can't come up with anything, it tells you that you have a horrible eye and should learn more, etc...
And I wanna build PS or LR into the camera to make my life easier
Old 04-13-2010, 08:52 AM

It might not be the same thing as what you want but its a option. I have seen online some grids that you attache to your LCD screen, its made from the same stuff as your plastic covers do but these are with a grid pattern, and there are a bunch of different types.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:08 AM
I am mom!

Originally Posted by Enz01
It might not be the same thing as what you want but its a option. I have seen online some grids that you attache to your LCD screen, its made from the same stuff as your plastic covers do but these are with a grid pattern, and there are a bunch of different types.
Almost all the SLRs have the grids built in and you don't have to attach anything. It's just an option within your camera. It actually does work wonderfully when making sure your horizons are straight

Composition is about following a guideline. Doesn't have to be perfect every single time but you need something to build off of.

The kid is selling it all
Check it out