Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

Some Shots I Took

Old 12-21-2009, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no one has said anything about how blown out the wite car is in every picture!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Drinker of the Dew

Ok first of all why do you post your replies one after the other? Just stick them all in the same post unless your just doing it to increase your post count and if that is the reason then stop.

Now about the pics:
These photos and the ones in your other thread look as if you didn't take hardly any time thinking about composition, lighting, angle, whatever, you just pointed the camera and shot. Maybe you tilted it a bit cause you saw a car photo somwhere where someone did that but I assure you that they didn't just randomly tilt the camera and take the shot. It does seem like you have an interest in photography and if that is truly the case than I urge you to do a little studying online. Read up on composition, lighting, aperture, shutter speed, anything photography related you can find. Then use this knowledge and apply it to your photos, you can get decent photos from a point and shoot, they aren't going to be.anywhere near the quality of a dslr, but you can still snap a nicely exposed and composed photo and people will pick up on that. I learned my basics with a $100 p n s, now a little over a year later I have a dslr and am still reading and learning everything I can. So again browse the web, read up on the basics, then the next time you pick up your camera put what you learned into effect and plan out the photo, put some thought into it and show that you really want to get better. There are some great photographers here and they can help you progress as a photographer but don't waste there time by posting random snapshots and asking for their opinions, it won't end well.

"Thirty-six satisfactory exposures on a roll means a
photographer is not trying anything new." - Freeman Patterson

Old 12-21-2009, 08:51 PM

you really really REALLY need to stop posting pictures until you learn how to a) take criticism, b) UNDERSTAND AND IMPLEMENT the criticism and advice, and most importantly, c) understand the basics of photoshop tools and the basics of photography. Google some photography tutorials.

Web | Blog | Flickr
Old 12-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Macro Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jake2k
Ok first of all why do you post your replies one after the other? Just stick them all in the same post unless your just doing it to increase your post count and if that is the reason then stop.

Now about the pics:
These photos and the ones in your other thread look as if you didn't take hardly any time thinking about composition, lighting, angle, whatever, you just pointed the camera and shot. Maybe you tilted it a bit cause you saw a car photo somwhere where someone did that but I assure you that they didn't just randomly tilt the camera and take the shot. It does seem like you have an interest in photography and if that is truly the case than I urge you to do a little studying online. Read up on composition, lighting, aperture, shutter speed, anything photography related you can find. Then use this knowledge and apply it to your photos, you can get decent photos from a point and shoot, they aren't going to be.anywhere near the quality of a dslr, but you can still snap a nicely exposed and composed photo and people will pick up on that. I learned my basics with a $100 p n s, now a little over a year later I have a dslr and am still reading and learning everything I can. So again browse the web, read up on the basics, then the next time you pick up your camera put what you learned into effect and plan out the photo, put some thought into it and show that you really want to get better. There are some great photographers here and they can help you progress as a photographer but don't waste there time by posting random snapshots and asking for their opinions, it won't end well.

So perfectly written. It is true, it is like stepping up to Eddie Van Halen, playing twinkle twinkle little star and asking what he thinks. People on here are more than happy to give compliments where deserved and constructive criticism when needed, but when no obvious effort went into the photos, just paint a target on your chest, lay back and take it. You had to have thought putting these photos in front of a bunch of photographers who take the art quite seriously, wouldn't end with you getting endless praise from the masses and a complimentary reach around for these photo masterpieces.

You can view my work on Flickr.

You can "Like" my Facebook photography page!
Old 12-22-2009, 05:01 AM
I Give My .02 When Needed

Originally Posted by The Chimichunga
you really really REALLY need to stop posting pictures until you learn how to a) take criticism, b) UNDERSTAND AND IMPLEMENT the criticism and advice, and most importantly, c) understand the basics of photoshop tools and the basics of photography. Google some photography tutorials.
Why does everyone keep saying I can't take criticism?

Originally Posted by Gorky_Park
Get a credit card from best buy and get yourself a DSLR or your choice...then pay it month-to-month. I see you want to get into photography, and it's great, but with P&S it is like trying to replace a tranny with only a set of pliers and zip ties. To get good results, you must use quality equipment, otherwise you will get negative comments about the photos (other than the photographer him/herself). Yes, you can take some sweet shots with $89 camera from walmart, but it is like day and night with DSLR. My $0.02.
Thanks. I've been looking at the D40 at best buy, but don't know if I will be able to get one yet.

Now about the pics:
No I wasn't doing it to increase my post count. Wow I even get shit from posting replies to people..

Ok I will do what I can, I've been looking online and reading but it doesn't make any sense to me at all. I just read on about a bunch of stuff that my camera can't even do so it really doesn't help me at all.

Nikon Owner
IG: @equippedphotography
FB: Equipped Photography
1994 Integra RS - Stock LS/SOLD
1994 Del Sol - Stock D16y8/TRADED
1990 CRX Si - SiR B16a/TRADED
1998 Integra GS - JDM B20b/TRADED
1994 Integra GSR - Tuned H22a/TRADED
1999 EK Coupe - Backburner
1995 JDM Front Integra - Project
2014 F-150 5.0L - DD
Old 12-22-2009, 05:27 AM
I'm a Photographer!

Don't buy from Best Buy or any other type of retailer like them. Look online at reputed camera stores like Adorama or B&H. They also carry used equipment and certify/guarantee them. And check North Tampa Photography. www.ntphotodigital.com

Also check craigslist! Honestly, people on there are really ok when it comes to the cameras and I've seen some good stuff come from it.

Originally Posted by Petitt
Please take a look at our Photography section with your friend, and take some notes.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Michael.
Don't buy from Best Buy or any other type of retailer like them. Look online at reputed camera stores like Adorama or B&H. They also carry used equipment and certify/guarantee them. And check North Tampa Photography. WELCOME (North Tampa Photo)

Also check craigslist! Honestly, people on there are really ok when it comes to the cameras and I've seen some good stuff come from it.
Ok bro I'll look at all of those options.

Thanks.

Nikon Owner
2014 F-150 5.0L - DD
Old 12-22-2009, 05:42 AM
Drinker of the Dew

My cheap little p n s had the ability to change up the aperture and shutter speed so there's a chance your can too. Is the an "M" mode on it? And sorry about the post count thing, its just I see you double and tripple post sometimes and its kinda a pet peeve for me.

"Thirty-six satisfactory exposures on a roll means a
photographer is not trying anything new." - Freeman Patterson

Old 12-22-2009, 05:48 AM
I'm a Photographer!

Yeah, just tell us what camera it is, brand/model number!

Originally Posted by Petitt
Please take a look at our Photography section with your friend, and take some notes.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:01 AM

My cheap little p n s had the ability to change up the aperture and shutter speed so there's a chance your can too. Is the an "M" mode on it? And sorry about the post count thing, its just I see you double and tripple post sometimes and its kinda a pet peeve for me.
One of the modes says "PASM" the camera by the way is a Kodak EasyShare Z650. Looks like this:

Nikon Owner
2014 F-150 5.0L - DD