Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

in need of a new camera

Old 09-20-2009, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up in need of a new camera

let me first start off by saying i am by no means a pro photographer. all the cameras i have owned have been just your basic point and shoot digital camera. i will be attending the sema show this year and would like to buy a new camera to take since my current point and shoot is broken. i really like the dslr cameras (i think anyway they seem to have a lot more features) but they may be over my skill level or just overkill for the type of pictures i would be taking i dont really know. i kind of like the fact of having everything built into the camera like the flash for instance. do any of the dslr have a flash built in? i dont mind spending a couple hundred but i really did not want to get to crazy i see some of these cameras going well over $1000. would like something with enough pixels that i could blow up photos also if i had one i wanted to get framed. i could see myself tinkering here and there with photographer but i would never get myself to level of some of you on here because i am sure you all have many hundreds of hours behind your camera.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Drinker of the Dew

Maybe look for a used entry level DSLR like a Nikon D40, I see them go for $350 sometimes. You could get a "prosumer" camera which is a small step up from a point and shoot but they usually run around $350 so I'd still suggest looking for a used dslr.

"Thirty-six satisfactory exposures on a roll means a
photographer is not trying anything new." - Freeman Patterson

Old 09-20-2009, 10:25 AM

with a dslr i would have to carry around a detachable flash or do any of them have a built in flash. i guess i want easy portability also. i thought about going used but i would rather get new that way it would have a warranty or i could buy the extended warranty which from personal experience has come in handy.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Drinker of the Dew

The d40 has a pop up flash and I believe it's the smallest DSLR available.

"Thirty-six satisfactory exposures on a roll means a
photographer is not trying anything new." - Freeman Patterson

Old 10-06-2009, 01:20 AM

You can find blowout deals on Pentax K20D's. Packed full of features at a decent price. Grab the body and they make a decent wide angle DA 12-24, but this will put you slightly over the $1,000.

You could also consider a G10, which is a solid "P&S" if you want to keep cost down.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:07 AM
they call me baby Jesus

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/p...500-bucks.html
Old 10-06-2009, 06:24 AM
I am mom!

There are a few on here for sale, I'd check there first

All of your SLR's have pop-up flashes so you don't have to have an external flash. For the SEMA show, the 18-55 lens that comes with most of the pro-sumer SLR's would be plenty. Since it's your first time using a SLR, then more than likely you'd have it in AUTO and the flash will adjust to the lighting.

Any of the entry level camera are good. The Nikon D40, any of the Canon Rebel series (xs, xsi, xt, xti) are great camera. I've shot with both and it really comes down to your preferences. Any of them are going to be able to print up to at least an 11 x 14, if not bigger.

The kid is selling it all
Check it out
Old 10-06-2009, 12:54 PM
March2010 ROTM

+1