Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

How do you do it?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:49 AM
No

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you do it?

My XT has a decent layer of dust on the box, where my camera has been stored for the last few months. I really enjoy taking pictures, but I fail at finding good stuff to take pictures of. How do you regulars in here go out and find stuff? How do you keep yourselves from getting bored of taking pictures?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:29 AM
I am mom!

Take your camera every where, is probably the first thing. Start looking at thing at a different angle, not always straight on.

I go through these ruts of just not wanting to shoot, then all of a sudden something catches my eye and I think "damn, I don't have my camera." lol

The kid is selling it all
Check it out
Old 09-03-2009, 08:36 AM

When I first got my XSi, it never left my side. Now sometimes I actually lose track of it lmao. I really only break it out when I do something car related otherwise it takes a long snooze. Nothing else really intrigues me... so can't help you there
Old 09-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Macro Enthusiast

You would be surprised sometimes how small of an area you can find a great shot in. Photographers see the world in a different way, i like to consider it like learning to see. The longer you are a practicing photographer the more clear this sight will be to you. If you take your camera with you everywhere (like mama got boost mentioned), or mostly everywhere, you'll more than likely start taking some more photos.

I know even if I don't have my camera with me i'm still looking around as if though i was scouting for shots and if something catches my eye i'll text email it to myself so i wont forget about it. It is physically impossible for one person to photograph every single thing in the world and therefore leaving the possibilities to you seemingly infinite, so they are out there, you just have to find them.

You can view my work on Flickr.

You can "Like" my Facebook photography page!
Old 09-03-2009, 10:20 AM

personal projects will always fuel creativity.

See a picture you like, try to mimic it. You see something interesting snap a pic, and then write down, what you could have done differently. Always assume your photography sucks, try to make it better.
My Website: www.powersimagery.com
My Job: Vegas Magazine | Retna LTD | Tao/Lavo/Marquee Las Vegas
Old 09-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Drinker of the Dew

Find inspiration on Flickr, just browse a pool or two and you'll be shooting within the hour

"Thirty-six satisfactory exposures on a roll means a
photographer is not trying anything new." - Freeman Patterson

Old 09-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I am mom!

Originally Posted by jake2k
Find inspiration on Flickr, just browse a pool or two and you'll be shooting within the hour
Ain't that the truth! I get lost in Flickr

The kid is selling it all
Check it out
Old 09-03-2009, 03:01 PM
No

You guys rock. I was hoping people posted things that would actually help. I need to start carrying my camera around with me again. Thanks for the tips. I hope more people can add their opinions as well.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Digital Rican!!!

i never run out of shit to shoot. Rather it be the ducks in the pond or a stack of coin in my apt. I just use other things to keep me interested like lightiing. trying to find the right lighting and angles..Trust me its endless
Old 09-03-2009, 03:54 PM
No

I tried something this evening. I'm going to have to do some reading on lighting for sure.