Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

Redrock M2

Old 02-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Boostaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redrock M2

Anyone here have any experience with the M2? So far I have been more than impressed with the quality of video you can produce at a fraction of the cost of pro cameras.

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 02-14-2009, 01:56 PM

Never heard of it lol.

I'm looking into an HD camera right now, but I'm staying consumer level... probably a vixia of some sorts.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Boostaholic

Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
Never heard of it lol.

I'm looking into an HD camera right now, but I'm staying consumer level... probably a vixia of some sorts.
Well here is an example...

Vixia HF100 with the Redrock M2X 35mm adapter

Will produce videos like this....
Cant Stop A G on Vimeo

Old 02-14-2009, 02:44 PM

IDK, I wasn't impressed really with the quality. I've seen better quality come from a MinoHD. Maybe it was the software used to edit the video or another factor but if that was indeed true HD it felt dull and not as vivid as it should be.

I've seen raw footage from a Vixia and it's alot better than what that was. Is the adapter killing the quality? lol.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Boostaholic

Highly doubt it but that wasnt a good example since its just an HF100. The guy that shot the video is still an amateur... but if you look on vimeo or youtube you will see better examples of what it can do. Either way I am trying to find out if anyone local has any experience with it.

I am not going to use a Vixia.. plan on getting the M2 setup with the Canon XH A1.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kirk
Highly doubt it but that wasnt a good example since its just an HF100. The guy that shot the video is still an amateur... but if you look on vimeo or youtube you will see better examples of what it can do. Either way I am trying to find out if anyone local has any experience with it.

I am not going to use a Vixia.. plan on getting the M2 setup with the Canon XH A1.
A friend of mine is really big into the whole video thing and I was talking to him about videocam's and he said something about an HX20 by Canon? Not 100% sure on the name. I know they don't make them anymore but he had that and he said you can easily modify it to make it like a pro one.

I might even look into a Sony one since I've seen footage from a few and they are outstanding, and I'm talking about the consumer level ones.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Boostaholic

Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
A friend of mine is really big into the whole video thing and I was talking to him about videocam's and he said something about an HX20 by Canon? Not 100% sure on the name. I know they don't make them anymore but he had that and he said you can easily modify it to make it like a pro one.

I might even look into a Sony one since I've seen footage from a few and they are outstanding, and I'm talking about the consumer level ones.
I've been looking into cameras for about a year now... I can't make up my mind because I don't like settling. I have yet to see any non edited examples from any consumer cameras that will drop my jaw until I saw the redrock M2 adapter. Check out their forums and you will see what I mean.

You were probably thinking about the HG20 which comes with a built in hard drive. Very good camera. I may end up picking one up... some pretty impressive videos out there with it. My friend is actually going to pick one up and add the M2 adapter to it as well.

Here is a pretty cool video from an HG20 to show you what it can do with just editing:
http://www.vimeo.com/2726101

the redrock M2 simply gives you DOF in your videos which will give it more of a cinematic look from what I have seen.... but thats what I am after.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:10 PM

Yea that may have been it. That video was freakin insane, the editing really does help make the video that much better. I have been practicing that with normal quality video from a sony camcorder I have so I have editing down pretty well. Just need to make the insane investment into an HD camera lol.

Do you plan on shooting videos of the supra mostly or are you branching out into different aspects?
Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Banned

Yeah their is a guy in class with red, I was actually thinking of picking one up because my XL2 costed me about 5k after all the upgrades. The lenses that the XL2 can use vs the red are huge, I'd rather have a red over anything under the 20k range in video cameras..